Problems after running CCleaner

jbw

Hello,

I recently used CCleaner to clean the regisrty i then decided to delete some older programs that have not been used and then ran the registry cleaner again. Afterwards I could not enable a wireless connection and if i go into network connections, right click on any icons: wireless network connection, local area connection2 , or local area connection and choose properties I get the error message " an unecpected error has occured." I tried merging the latest registry backup but it did not seem to fix the problem, how should i proceed from here? should I now tried to merge the next latest registry file backup? Is this problem even a possible result of the registry cleaning? I also installed more memory but I doubt that would be the cause.

Thanks,

Josh

This is my personal opinion. I would never do any form of "registry cleaning" - even with CCleaner - without doing a complete registry backup first.

Also, "delete some old programs" - did you do a regular uninstall from Add/Remove Programs?

Either way, I would first try to boot into Last Known Good Configuration. If that does not fix the problem, do a System Restore to a date before you created the problem.

Hello,

I recently used CCleaner to clean the regisrty i then decided to delete some older programs that have not been used and then ran the registry cleaner again. Afterwards I could not enable a wireless connection and if i go into network connections, right click on any icons: wireless network connection, local area connection2 , or local area connection and choose properties I get the error message " an unecpected error has occured." I tried merging the latest registry backup but it did not seem to fix the problem, how should i proceed from here? should I now tried to merge the next latest registry file backup? Is this problem even a possible result of the registry cleaning? I also installed more memory but I doubt that would be the cause.

Thanks,

Josh

Hello jbw,

I would also add that software listed with old dates does not mean that it is not being used.

Depending on developer and some registry modifications those dates can be very misleading.

Good Luck,

:) davey

• 4 weeks later...