problems with IE

moray1

Hope somebody can help. Over the last week or two I have had problems connecting to one particular website. The site is www.joinedpublicclan.nl (a dutch based gaming site). When I connect it takes ages to download the pages on the site, 3 out of 5 times I am redirected to the "IE cant find this webpage" page, if I refresh it will load but again takes forever. THIS IS THE ONLY SITE I HAVE THIS PROBLEM ON. It used to be ok until a week or two ago. I have been in touch with the sites webmaster/admin who says that all appears ok from his end and talking to other folk who use the site (from Europe and beyond) they are not experiencing any problems. I have tried flushing the DNS cache and deleting temp internet files and cookies but the problem persists. My OS is XP and I use IE version 7.

Anybody got any answers? Thank you.

• Moderators

It could also be ISP related as they will sometimes block websites, although I doubt that's the actual cause. The only way to find out if it's your ISP is to call them.

Other things can be if a site is in the Restricted Sites, blocked via the HOSTS file or adblocking software. Also some sites won't let you download anything if you block their ad's.

Have tried with Firefox and still have same problem.

I have also scanned pc with Windows defender, Spy-Bot, F-Secure, AVG, Super anti spyware, Reg cleaner and CCleaner but all came up with nothing showing.

Seem to have sorted the problem out now, not 100% but much much faster at loading. How? So simple. Just added the web site to my trusted sites box. Still don't know why it happened in the first place though. A BIG THANK YOU to all that helped :D:D