New Spybot does not have an entry in CCleaner

Anthony A

The new Spybot S&D does not get cleaned by CCleaner. Maybe there could be a winapp2.ini entry made for it untill/if it is added again to CCleaner ;)

The detect key for the Spybot entry is currently wrong, it should be:

HKCU\Software\Safer Networking Limited\SpybotSnD

Not:

HKCU\Software\PepiMK Software\SpybotSnD

The detect key for the Spybot entry is currently wrong, it should be:

HKCU\Software\Safer Networking Limited\SpybotSnD

Not:

HKCU\Software\PepiMK Software\SpybotSnD

So are suggesting to just edit the winapp.ini with the entry you provided or just pointing out why Spybot doesn't get detected?

So are suggesting to just edit the winapp.ini with the entry you provided or just pointing out why Spybot doesn't get detected?

That is entirely up to you, I was just pointing out to the MrG or anyone else why it's not working. Should be ok to edit the winapp yourself (but I've not tested it myself and accept no responsibility for any damage it may cause ;) )

Just tested it with the changed detect key and it works fine. Incidentally if you use The Gimp the winapp2 entry for that is wrong too, I reported it a while back but it's not been fixed. Should be:

[*GIMP 2.4]LangSecRef=3021DetectFile=%userprofile%\.gimp-2.4\gimprcDefault=TrueFileKey1=%userprofile%\.gimp-2.4|documents

My (working) SpyBot entries:

[spyBot Search and Destroy]LangSecRef=3024Detect=HKCU\Software\Safer Networking Limited\SpybotSnDDefault=TrueFileKey1=%commonappdata%\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs|*.*FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\Spybot - Search & Destroy|advdebug.txtFileKey3=%commonappdata%\Spybot - Search & Destroy|Statistics.iniFileKey4=%windir%\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs|*.*FileKey5=%windir%\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy|Statistics.iniFileKey6=%commonappdata%\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Backups|*.log

My (working) SpyBot entries:

[spyBot Search and Destroy]LangSecRef=3024Detect=HKCU\Software\Safer Networking Limited\SpybotSnDDefault=TrueFileKey1=%commonappdata%\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs|*.*FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\Spybot - Search & Destroy|advdebug.txtFileKey3=%commonappdata%\Spybot - Search & Destroy|Statistics.iniFileKey4=%windir%\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs|*.*FileKey5=%windir%\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy|Statistics.iniFileKey6=%commonappdata%\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Backups|*.log

That's the same as what I've got and working apart from the the last line, filekey6, I assume you added that yourself. As I said the detect key is currently wrong, has been since Spybot 1.5 came out AFAIA, and needs changing to the above.

I just changed the Key and did see Spybot SnD on the menus. The way I redid the key was to use a second copy of the winapi file and rename the original winapiold. Works fine and Spybot SnD is being seen and cleaned. CCleaner runs fine otherwise, btw.

I just changed the Key and do not see Spubot SnD on the menus. The way I redid the key was to use a second copy of the winapi file and rename the original winapiold. Am i missing something here? CCleaner runs fine otherwise, btw.

Just change the reg key in the winapp.ini, you don't need to make new copies of it. OR add the entire entry posted above into winapp2.ini

@ JDPower:

That's the same as what I've got and working apart from the the last line, filekey6, I assume you added that yourself.

Yes, I added that one myself (and reported it to MrG). I works perfectly on my system.