Registry cleaners?

ident

I have always used registry mechanic, and then started using glarys, but i have just seen some bad reports on glary so tempted to not use it.

So what is the best?

Thanks

No fate but what we make

I have always used registry mechanic, and then started using glarys, but i have just seen some bad reports on glary so tempted to not use it.

So what is the best?

Thanks

hey bro i use to use Registry Mechanic, and glary but both started to cause me problems..so i just use CCleaners Registy tool along wth Wise Registry Cleaner.

hey bro i use to use Registry Mechanic, and glary but both started to cause me problems..so i just use CCleaners Registy tool along wth Wise Registry Cleaner.

I use CCleaners built in one to. But as they say themselves it is not the best. I will give the other one a try though

No fate but what we make

• Moderators

CCleaners registry "Issues" feature, is what you can call a safe registry cleaner, as far as doing anything in the registry can be deemed safe, but as it says on the tin, make sure you make a back-up of the registry first, before you fix any or all issues.

Or, make a back-up of the registry with Erunt before doing anything. This is a very popular registry back-up tool on here, and a number of people, including yours truly, have this configured, on install, to make a back-up every day. Regardless of how many times you boot in one day, Erunt only makes the one copy, and it makes virtually no difference to your boot time.

So what is the best?

I use Reg Mechanic (version 5) too and am a big fan of it. I've tried several others (including Glary which had some definite damage causing capabilities) and none match up to it in balancing thoroughness with relative safety IMO. I'd say if you want safe stick to CCleaner, if you want a bit more thorough use Reg Mech but just be careful and always make backups of deleted entries 'just in case'.

CCleaners registry "Issues" feature, is what you can call a safe registry cleaner, as far as doing anything in the registry can be deemed safe, but as it says on the tin, make sure you make a back-up of the registry first, before you fix any or all issues.

Or, make a back-up of the registry with Erunt before doing anything. This is a very popular registry back-up tool on here, and a number of people, including yours truly, have this configured, on install, to make a back-up every day. Regardless of how many times you boot in one day, Erunt only makes the one copy, and it makes virtually no difference to your boot time.

Plus if you have done some installing and/or uninstalling during the day,you can run it again and add your own time stamp to the name.Do this right before you do any Registry fixes in case you get goofed up merging back or power loss or whatever.A good bakup of anything you are doing is the easiest way out of many problems.