www.DjLizard.net

Capman

Dj,

How does that clock on your site work then?

Tonight the time was:

The time now is Wed 15 Jun, 2005

All times are GMT - 5 Hours

:unsure:

I was on there looking for info on your dial-a-fix thing.

I guess it's broken for guests or something. I get:

The time now is Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:52 pm

All times are GMT - 5 Hours

I need to fix a lot of stuff on my site but I never have time.

Dial-a-fix is not listed or discussed on my site. Dial-a-fix is currently a technician-friendly tool that fixes all of the things Dial-a-fix says it fixes (I don't know how to explain it any better :P) It's pretty obvious -- fixes Windows Installer problems, fixes Windows Update problems, fixes SSL/HTTPS problems, etc. When in doubt, check them all (for your particular problem at hand). Anything that is grayed out is either not applicable (policies that aren't in effect) or is missing installation files (see the about dialog, the notes tab). DAF will be re-written later to be friendlier (and less buggy -- well it's not really THAT buggy, it's just got some mild nuisances that are generally caused by Microsoft's bad MSI packaging design flaws (such as the XML 4.0 MSI package))

If you checkmark an item (such as 'Fix Windows Installer:') and then mouseover an item under it (such as Stop service) it tells you the command that it actually performs (therefore it is sort of open source in the way that it doesn't hide what it's doing). I'm going to rewrite it all to be even better, so don't knock it just yet... (but it really works, even Tarun had to use it once, to fix Windows Update for himself)

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

(but it really works, even Tarun had to use it once, to fix Windows Update for himself)

Yep, I was having an off day and couldn't think straight. Don't recall what was bugging me though. I think I had been working on my site all day and I didn't want to be arsed with WU.

Not related to anything else in this thread, but seemed a good place to ask where has your site gone?

I read on it earlier that you are fed up with it and needed to change it or something, now it has gone 404.

Not related to anything else in this thread, but seemed a good place to ask where has your site gone?

I read on it earlier that you are fed up with it and needed to change it or something, now it has gone 404.

Correct. It's a 403 though. His site is coming back too. He has to wait for his admin to fix MySQL.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

It's up and running again, as a blog. I will be fixing the site up as I go, so expect things to change frequently. I'll be posting technical advice and tips, things I learn in the field, etc, over time.

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

It's up and running again, as a blog.  I will be fixing the site up as I go, so expect things to change frequently.  I'll be posting technical advice and tips, things I learn in the field, etc, over time.

WOW, that looks different, very nice as well.

Well done Dj.

Some people don't understand why I have done this, and I really can't care less about that.

THanks for the comment :)

PS: Since mine is a tilted C64 screen, I guess it's only fitting that your avatar became a tilted Spectrum (ZX 81) keyboard ;)

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

Some people don't understand why I have done this, and I really can't care less about that.

THanks for the comment :)

PS: Since mine is a tilted C64 screen, I guess it's only fitting that your avatar became a tilted Spectrum (ZX 81) keyboard ;)

That is where I got the idea from, I have always liked yours.

I will probably change it again in another couple of weeks.