Tried to update CCleaner Nightmare ensued

JJames

I love CCleaner and made an initial donation when I first installed it. When I ran it today it indicated that an upgrade was available so I tried to install the upgrade. I made another donation using PayPal and then when I tried to update I was redirected to a page that was selling PC Registry Clean. I was annoyed but decided to purchase it for $29.00 because my existing registry cleaner was getting old. So I agreed to purchase for $29.00, filled out the billing and credit card nformation and pressed "continue" An invoice came up that showed my purchase was $49.00 because they had added on some videos I do not want and I could not get them off the invoice so I aborted the purchase. An online chat person came on to see if I really wanted to cancel the order and when I explained why I was cancelling it they never responded so I eventually closed all pages. Then I went to my email and guess what??? They had processed the $49.00 order on my credit card!!!! So now I have to dispute the purchase, I never did get my CCleaner up date and well, I guess my $20.00 donation is just a good lesson learned.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

I was redirected to a page that was selling PC Registry Clean. I was annoyed but decided to purchase it for $29.00 because my existing registry cleaner was getting old. So I agreed to purchase for $29.00, filled out the billing and credit card nformation and pressed "continue"

Lesson learned there I hope, NEVER just give out credit card details when you don't even know what it is you're shelling out for.