EasyTune5

craigathus

On the CD that came with my "GIGABYTE" Motherboard there is a software utility called "EasyTune5", I haven't installed it yet.

I'd like to find out if it's worth installing & using?

If it is worth having, should I just download it from Gigabyte's web site EasyTune5 for a more up-to date version?

I have a feeling it might have something to do with overclocking your processor and RAM through your motherboard. See what it is before you do anything with it.

AJ

Hi AJ ;) , I know that it can be used to do stuff like that, however it also incorporates "Smart Fan" as one of it's features.

Smart Fan is what I'm interested in, for adjusting fan speed settings regarding temperature, and keeping a check on temperatures.

It's summer here in Australia, and the room that my PC is in gets very warm in the afternoons.

26_11_4v.gif

Hi AJ ;) , I know that it can be used to do stuff like that, however it also incorporates "Smart Fan" as one of it's features.

Smart Fan is what I'm interested in, for adjusting fan speed settings regarding temperature, and keeping a check on temperatures.

It's summer here in Australia, and the room that my PC is in gets very warm in the afternoons.

Slightly OT but you can also use Speedfan for that same purpose (without any risky overclocking settings to mess up):

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Slightly OT but you can also use Speedfan for that same purpose (without any risky overclocking settings to mess up):

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Thanks JDPower :) , I have considered Speedfan, however I'm thinking software apps for Gigabyte branded hardware (Motherboards) might be a better way to go.

I'm not sure if I should install "EasyTune5" from my CD, or get a more recent version from Gigabyte's web site?

On Gigabyte's web site, there is a version "EasyTune5 Pro"

Easy Tune5 Pro (Please remove your current EasyTune5 Pro or earlier, and GWUM Tools before install this.) B7.1212.1Windows 2000,

Windows XP,

Windows XP 64bit,

Windows Vista x86 (32-bit),

Windows Vista x64 (64-bit)5.61 MB

• 3 weeks later...