Great 2.1 Speakers w/ subwoofer

daggerXtreme

Hey guys!

I'm sure you guys all heard about the California Firestorm 2007. Unfortuanetly, my computer room (at the corner of my house) was burned to a crisp, although the rest of my house is safe. Oh well, got my laptop + HD out.

Anyways, I'm now upgrading all my tech using mostly my $ but only some of insurance. However, i'm out of insurance money for my desktop, so now i'm trying to find a good 2.1 speaker set. I looking at the altec lansing vs4121, but i've read review that the sub. always has a hum, driving people insane and the lack of midrange. I'm trying to limit my self between 40-50 US $, so do you guys have any suggestions (mostly on the AL vs4121) and any other good speakers.

Thanks a lot!

Josh

I'm no expert on the pros and cons of speakers, but I recently purchased the Logitech S220 2.1 Multimedia Speaker System:

$21.99

71vt204.jpg

I was very surprised at how good they sound given the price and the size of the system. I'm more than happy to listen to CD's through them. Here is a link to an American store that sells them, but I would imagine there must be plenty others.

http://tinyurl.com/yrkt35

• Moderators
I looking at the altec lansing vs4121, but i've read review that the sub. always has a hum, driving people insane and the lack of midrange.

Some powered subwoofers will have an annoying hum to them, in some cases it's unavoidable.