IE& Pro 1.2 Ad Block Filters

Anthony A

I have it in mine, however I did save my ad block filters and manually imported them after doing a clean install.

It's listed in mine as seen in this screenshot:

ie7pro12imagefilter.png

I didn't explain clearly enough. I will try again. In that screen shot you have the "My Filters" tab highlighted. I was talking about the "Default Filters" which is the tab next to it. With the Default Filter tab selected you will see a list of filters. In IE Pro 1.1 there were URL White Filter, URL Block Filter, Div Filter, and Frame Filter, listed. In IE7 Pro 1.2 the same filters are listed except that the Frame Filters are not listed in my install. Could you check the default tab and see if they are there for you?

I can't change anything in Default Filters, all changing is disabled/greyed out:

ie7pro12defaultfilters.png

You can however manually edit the Default Filter by opening:

C:\Program Files\IE7Pro\filter.ini

All I want to know is in that default list of filters do you have any frame Filters. You will need to scroll down to see. In your screen shot you are at the top of the filter list and the URL white filters are visable.

Here is my install of IE7 Pro 1.1. In it you will see a list of Frame filters in the default section. The problem is on the machine that I have IE7 Pro 1.2 on those default Frame filters are not there anymore. I am trying to determine if my update messed up or if it is intended to be that way.

2007-11-08_164235.jpg

• Moderators
All I want to know is in that default list of filters do you have any frame Filters. You will need to scroll down to see. In your screen shot you are at the top of the filter list and the URL white filters are visable.

I have no Frame Filters at all in the Default Filter.

All I see listed when scrolling down are: URL White Filter, URL Block Filter, Div Filter

These are the heading I found in the Default Filter file itself "C:\Program Files\IE7Pro\filter.ini" :

[whiteurl]

[blockurl]

[blockdiv]

[blockimg]

[blockframe]

Both [blockimg] and [blockframe] have nothing listed after them in the Default Filter.

I have no Frame Filters at all in the Default Filter.

All I see listed when scrolling down are: URL White Filter, URL Block Filter, Div Filter

These are the heading I found in the Default Filter file itself "C:\Program Files\IE7Pro\filter.ini" :

[whiteurl]

[blockurl]

[blockdiv]

[blockimg]

[blockframe]

Both [blockimg] and [blockframe] have nothing listed after them in the Default Filter.

OK thank you that's what I wanted to know. In IE7 Pro 1.2 I have no Frame Filters either in the Default Filters. In IE7 Pro 1.1 I did have Frame Filters in the Default Filters as you can see from the screen shot in my previous post. I thought maybe I had a bad install but since you have the same thing it looks like it's by design. Wonder why the Frame Filters were removed from the Default Filters?

The people on the IE7 Pro Forums were not very helpful. Might as well have been talking to a wall. Still no good answer from them.