IE won`t remember visited sites after cleaning

G64

Hi everyone,

I am a big fan of the Piriform tools. They are very useful, for me and a lot of other people. But i have a problem kinda with my Internet Explorer.

I have cleaned Windows with CCleaner and let it clean all crap. CC had al standard options enabled for as far as i can remember. It also cleaned the MRU list of visited sites. But now IE doesn`t remember any site at all. Also login`s that were saved in IE do`nt work anymore.

What is there to do about this behaviour. I woudl like to still keep using CC to clean everything out once and a while but i would also like IE to remember the sites i visited and the passwords again.

Thank`s everyone that want to take a look at my probs.

• Moderators

If you go to options>cookies and highlight a cookie you want to keep in the 'cookies to delete', to the 'cookies to keep' column via the arrow in the centre, this should remember the sites you want then.

You may have to visit them again to get them in the list if you have cleaned them out!

Also have a read here for more info about CCleaner

http://www.internetrotsyourbrain.com/ccleanerbeginnersguide/

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I dont think CC removes passwords. For the other items removed in CC goto the Cleaner section and under 'Internet Explorer' uncheck: History, Recently Typed URL's & Autocomplete Form History. This way you wont lose history and typed urls from the address bar. It will also retain your information thats entered into forms etc.

Thanks for the reply`s. I will use that in the future. But i have tried typing the urls again to see if it remembers them from now on but they are not remembered. I have tried that already for a few days and i have some sites i use a lot. But i have to retype them completely every time now.

Everything in the screenshots is also enabled here. Its a bit strange because i noticed it remembers some sites, but not all sites i visited. Like forum.piriform.com wasn`t rememberd but i have visited the site several times, also to reply to this topic.

I now have added all cookies to be saved instead of the most usefull ones. Hopefully it remembers all sites now. We`ll see.

I dont think CC removes passwords.

If doesn't if you have the selected Cookies saved for the sites you need a username and password. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best