Install CCleaner 2.0

Hammer

:unsure: Anyone,

First, I would like to make a comment. CCleaner is the best freeware for any I.T. Administrator.

Could anyone tell me how I can install CCleaner 2.0 with the options I set prior to installing it? Meaning, if you run ccsetup200.exe /S this will install the product, but with all the defaults in place. I need some of the options removed (for example, Yahoo toolbar). Looking for more options.

Could anyone help?

Thanks,

Hammer

I'm not sure I understand the question fully, but here's what I think you want to know.

If you mean by "with the options I set prior to installing it", that you are upgrading from the previous version, in the settings of the previous version (under options>advanced" tick the checkbox to write the program settings to an ini file.

When installing the application the default is to include the Yahoo toolbar. Untick that option.

Every time I have installed any version of CCleaner the program defaults are that everything is ticked for cleaning (if no .ini file was kept) via a basic delete method, as opposed to an overwrite. Untick the ones you don't want deleted.

Hope that helps.

or you can download this build with no Yahoo! toolbar CCleaner Slim Version

Sorry for being so vague, but the CCleaner_Slim version is OK. I am still looking for a way to install this application with the option to have them checked or not checked. Them being....Add Desktop Shortcut; Add Start Menu Shortcuts; Add Run Cleaner option to Recycle Bin context menu; Add Open Cleaner option to Recycle Bin context menu; Automatically check for updates to Cleaner (This may not work if you have a firewall installed).

Thanks for your help!

:rolleyes:

Hammer wants to be able to install the program silently, and be able to tell the installer if it should create the various shortcuts or not.

I would suggest you PM Mr G and see if he can provide you with the correct switches (if there are any).

They call them fingers, but I've never seen them fing, or ger. WOAH there they go!!!!!!!

~Otto

How to use CCleaner on a Flash Drive (pre v2.0)

• 3 weeks later...
Hammer wants to be able to install the program silently, and be able to tell the installer if it should create the various shortcuts or not.

I would suggest you PM Mr G and see if he can provide you with the correct switches (if there are any).

Any resolution on this topic? I am also interested in knowing if there is a way to customize the installation so that various settings are toggled on or off during the install. Essentially looking for something similar to how Java installs (switches), QuickTime (.ini file), MSI w/ MST file, etc. Ultimately, I want to be able to push a silent install to x number of users and have it so they do not have to touch it (other than run it).

Thanks...

Here is what I do:

1) Setup all options the way you want it.

2) Open up RegEdit. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\CCleaner\Options

3) Export that key to a file (i.e. CCleaner.reg)

4) After the installation, you can double-click and update CCleaner with those settings, or script this update

This seems to work across all versions of the program, we started this back in Version 1.2x. Also seems to hold if you upgrade.

Happy Networking,

Chris