issuses

sonic99

i have been told to leave the registry alone on cc as this is not safe to check all the issuses, can anyone confirm this i am trying to learn about cc. and the registry..any info for print out...............thanks

Vista home premium\toshiba laptop L300-1BV\ 2GB RAM \ 32 BIT

The reg (issues) cleaner in CCleaner is one of the safest around and it's usually safe to delete what it finds. Plus if it does cause a problem you can just restore the backup it asks you to make when you run the issues cleaner.

The reg (issues) cleaner in CCleaner is one of the safest around and it's usually safe to delete what it finds. Plus if it does cause a problem you can just restore the backup it asks you to make when you run the issues cleaner.

right, thanks when i do select "fix all selected issuses" and there is a problem how doe's it let you know, i have not had any problems as yet, but just wondering what happens if there was a problem

Vista home premium\toshiba laptop L300-1BV\ 2GB RAM \ 32 BIT

• Moderators

Sonic, if you do an issues clean you will be asked if you want to make a backup...say yes.

If after a couple of weeks or so you can see no problems then you can delete the backup.

If however straight away or after a few days a problem arises you can go to 'my documents' where the backup will be saved, right click on it and choose merge and it will restore the registry items that you took out when you cleaned them.

You will recognise the back up by the blue blocks and the fact that it will say the date and cc.

By the way, with reference to the advanced features, it may be an idea to leave them alone for a while.

If you have problems that you think may be related to spyware, just ask. :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com