How to switch back from My Yahoo beta?

Anthony A

I use My Yahoo as my home page. Today it switched me to My Yahoo beta which is a total piece of crap. There is no link any where on the page to switch back. There used to be if you tried the beta. Now it just switched automatically and there is no link to go back. Tried e mailing them and there is no response. Any body else use My Yahoo and did this happen to you? If they don't correct this BS soon they will be kicked to the curb with the rest of the internet $hit I have kicked there. I am very annoyed by this right now.

• Moderators
I use My Yahoo as my home page. Today it switched me to My Yahoo beta which is a total piece of crap. There is no link any where on the page to switch back. There used to be if you tried the beta. Now it just switched automatically and there is no link to go back. Tried e mailing them and there is no response. Any body else use My Yahoo and did this happen to you? If they don't correct this BS soon they will be kicked to the curb with the rest of the internet $hit I have kicked there. I am very annoyed by this right now.

Had me worried there. I switched to beta just to have a looksee, and the usual link is gone, but if you go to options, you can switch back to classic. Just done it.

Had me worried there. I switched to beta just to have a looksee, and the usual link is gone, but if you go to options, you can switch back to classic. Just done it.

Where is the options link? There does not appear to be one on the beta I have here.

Dennis you manually switched. When I did that before there was a link clearly visible to get back to the non beta My Yahoo. This time I did not switch. It switched for me and there is no link. This had better not be Yahoo's way of switching people over. I will be gone so fast. The beta loads very slow. It's useless.

• Moderators
Dennis you manually switched. When I did that before there was a link clearly visible to get back to the non beta My Yahoo. This time I did not switch. It switched for me and there is no link. This had better not be Yahoo's way of switching people over. I will gone so fast. The beta loads very slow. It's useless.

The options with the menu is on the right, as in this screenshot.

I'm in the UK, could this be the reason, as I haven't been changed automatically.

2007-10-17_013103.jpg

EDIT: I think the beta sucks as well.

The options with the menu is on the right, as in this screenshot.

I'm in the UK, could this be the reason, as I haven't been changed automatically.

2007-10-17_013103.jpg

EDIT: I think the beta sucks as well.

Dennis you are talking about the Yahoo Mail. I am talking about My Yahoo. Totally different things.

This is My Yahoo. I've no idea if this is the old one or the new.

MyYahoo.jpg

I don't see any "change" buttons anywhere, and I don't remember it looking this crap. ;)

Does this help?

I don't see anything that will fix my problem. I can only assume that Yahoo is forcing people to switch to their complete piece of crap product. Their lack of response to my email is strange. They are usually very quick to respond. They have until tomorrow and than I will flush this turd. I have been looking at I Google lately and it looks pretty good. If this is Yahoo's idea of an improvement than they are as stupid as Microsoft. Maybe all the rumors that keep popping up about MS buying Yahoo will come true. They deserve each other.

• 2 weeks later...
Yahoo is s**t anyway'

helpful...

try clicking on this link, which is just your homepage address with the /switch added to the end of it. It should take you to a page to change back to the classic my.yahoo homepage.

http://cm.my.yahoo.com/switch

It worked for me switching my wife's homepage back. I had to do a lot of searching and going through wrong and UNhelpful answers (like the one above) before I found this simple one.

helpful...

try clicking on this link, which is just your homepage address with the /switch added to the end of it. It should take you to a page to change back to the classic my.yahoo homepage.

It worked for me switching my wife's homepage back. I had to do a lot of searching and going through wrong and UNhelpful answers (like the one above) before I found this simple one.

Thanks but I kicked Yahoo to the curb. I switched to I Google and I like it much more than My Yahoo.

I received a response finally from Yahoo tech support and they informed me that the switch back link that was normally on the MY Yahoo page is removed and will not be coming back because they are shutting down the older My Yahoo. That explains why you had to do so much looking around. They simply don't want you using the older version. The beta really is slow and many features I was using no longer were there in the beta. How Yahoo thinks this was an upgrade is beyond me.

Welcome to Google. :) Ive used Google everything for years and love it.

I have been using mostly Google for a while now. Gmail, Calendar, the Google tool bars for IE and Firefox, Google Bookmarks, of course search and now I Google and Google Finance. I won't be able to replace Yahoo Finance with Google Finance because Yahoo still is the king in that area but Google Finance does have some cool features that I now use in addition to Yahoo Finance.

Thanks but I kicked Yahoo to the curb. I switched to I Google and I like it much more than My Yahoo.

I received a response finally from Yahoo tech support and they informed me that the switch back link that was normally on the MY Yahoo page is removed and will not be coming back because they are shutting down the older My Yahoo. That explains why you had to do so much looking around. They simply don't want you using the older version. The beta really is slow and many features I was using no longer were there in the beta. How Yahoo thinks this was an upgrade is beyond me.

well that "/switch" link does work, and you CAN still access the classic my.yahoo as of right now. I'm glad you found google to be a decent substitute, but I don't need a substitute yet. I'll use the real thing as long as I can. ;)

well that "/switch" link does work, and you CAN still access the classic my.yahoo as of right now. I'm glad you found google to be a decent substitute, but I don't need a substitute yet. I'll use the real thing as long as I can. ;)

I have no doubt that the link you posted works but thats not the one I was referring to. On my account with My Yahoo there was a link at the top of the page you could click to switch to My yahoo beta. If you wanted to switch back to classic My Yahoo you could click it again to do so. That link is gone on my My Yahoo page and I was switched to My Yahoo beta with no link to get back. That link you posted works but I have already switched to I Google and it's more than a substitute for My Yahoo it's much better IMO.