Sun Java JRE Multiple Vulnerabilities

Humpty

Description:

Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in Sun Java JRE (Java Runtime Environment), which can be exploited by malicious people to bypass certain security restrictions, manipulate data, disclose sensitive/system information, or potentially compromise a vulnerable system.

1) Multiple unspecified errors in the Java Runtime Environment can be exploited by e.g. a malicious applet or by using Java APIs to establish network connections to certain services on machines other than the originating host.

2) Multiple unspecified errors in Java Web Start can be exploited by a malicious applet to read/write local files or determine the location of the Java Web Start cache.

Secunia Article

Thanks, i updated to Update 3. In case that you got problems to uninstall Java via 'Add/Remove program' (it only gives option to Install), on below is how to uninstall it. I have used it 2 times and it works just fine.

Here's the code (not made by me):

@echo off

echo Uninstalling Java Runtime Environment 1.6...

IF EXIST "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02" msiexec.exe /qn /x {3248F0A8-6813-11D6-A77B-00B0D0160020}

IF EXIST "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01" msiexec.exe /qn /x {3248F0A8-6813-11D6-A77B-00B0D0160010}

IF EXIST "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0" msiexec.exe /qn /x {3248F0A8-6813-11D6-A77B-00B0D0160000}

Paste that to Notepad and save it, i.e. as java.bat. Then double click it to remove Java from your system. After that install latest version of Java.

• Moderators
Thanks, i updated to Update 3. In case that you got problems to uninstall Java via 'Add/Remove program' (it only gives option to Install), on below is how to uninstall it. I have used it 2 times and it works just fine.

Here's the code (not made by me):

@echo off

echo Uninstalling Java Runtime Environment 1.6...

IF EXIST "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02" msiexec.exe /qn /x {3248F0A8-6813-11D6-A77B-00B0D0160020}

IF EXIST "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01" msiexec.exe /qn /x {3248F0A8-6813-11D6-A77B-00B0D0160010}

IF EXIST "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0" msiexec.exe /qn /x {3248F0A8-6813-11D6-A77B-00B0D0160000}

Paste that to Notepad and save it, i.e. as java.bat. Then double click it to remove Java from your system. After that install latest version of Java.

Ran that CeeCee, nice one. Thanks.

Java may run anywhere on byte code but the old story for those in the know is that its write once debug everywhere....Three apps now on Java have failed on update 3. Meh.

And what I dont like even further is that Securina dont explain the details so I cant analyse the threat model. Double meh.