Disk not in Drive error

punkzip

Running v2.01.507 on Vista and keep getting a "Disk not in Drive" error when using the cleaner. It appears twice and then when I hit the "ignore" button two times the message goes away and CCleaner begins working.

There was also an exception error when I checked the box to clean Java under "applications" but I forgot to record the exception number.

I uninstalled 2.01.507 and will revert back to an earlier version for now until a newer version is released. Still an awesome application and I would be lost without it.

Well, this may be a Vista issue and not a CCleaner issue. Unfortunately, CCleaner is the only program I am having this problem with. Apparently there is an article, KB942682, in the Microsoft KB that describes the exact problem I'm having. There is also some discussion on a couple of forums about this. Microsoft has released a hotfix that has to be requested from them. What a pain. Hope this fixes the problem.

Update:

I applied the KB942682 hotfix that MS provided (after waiting 8 hours) and it did not resolve the issue. I then proceeded to check and uncheck every option in CCleaner then hit "Run Cleaner" to see what would happen. The error message quit popping up once I unchecked "CA Anti-Virus" and "Windows Defender" under the "Utilities" section of "Applications". As long as either or both of these boxes were checked then I would get the error.

To help clarify, here are my system specs:

CCleaner 2.01.507

Internet Explorer 7 (7.0.6000.16386)

Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit

CA Anti-Virus 9.0.0.115

Sony Vaio VGN-N365E Notebook

Intel Core Duo T2450 2.0GHz

2GB RAM

120GB HDD

4GB Lexar ExpressCard SSD w ReadyBoost enabled

Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset

Hope this helps resolve what appears to be an isolated quirk of some sort.