Check for updates

jwall

I was using version 2 and had the 'automatically check for updates' checked, but it never seemed to check.

I manually checked for updates today and saw one was available, then updated, no problem.

Why doesn't the auto update work?

I have XPSP2 and am behind a router and Avast Webshield.

This is the only problem I've ever had with CCleaner and it's minor at that.

Thank you.

EDIT: This was happening on my laptop. I just went to my desktop and as soon as I opened CCleaner, the update message popped up, weird.

I was using version 2 and had the 'automatically check for updates' checked, but it never seemed to check.

I manually checked for updates today and saw one was available, then updated, no problem.

Why doesn't the auto update work?

I have XPSP2 and am behind a router and Avast Webshield.

This is the only problem I've ever had with CCleaner and it's minor at that.

Thank you.

EDIT: This was happening on my laptop. I just went to my desktop and as soon as I opened CCleaner, the update message popped up, weird.

It does state (somewhere during installation I believe) that, if you are behind a firewall, auto update doesn't always work - I just manually check periodically.

It does state (somewhere during installation I believe) that, if you are behind a firewall, auto update doesn't always work - I just manually check periodically.

I usually check manually too, I just wanted to try the auto. My desktop (also behind a router, laptop and desktop are networked) worked fine. It just seemed a little strange.

I uninstalled CCleaner and reinstalled, so I'll see how it goes next time.

Thanks for your comments.