Temp Folder Cleaning

craigathus

Hi guys :rolleyes:

Just wondering if it's necessary to let windows keep the contents of Temp Folders for 48 hour's?, is this just a safeguard?

• Moderators
Hi guys :rolleyes:

Just wondering if it's necessary to let windows keep the contents of Temp Folders for 48 hour's?, is this just a safeguard?

Well years ago it used to be keep all the junk for 7 days, then some started going the 2 day ("48 hour route"). Personally I just get rid of it right away.

A safeguard yes, but only if installing and uninstalling software that requires the usage of the temp folder after a reboot. However if any other software is storing important or needed files in the temp folder it's just plain stupid programming.

Well years ago it used to be keep all the junk for 7 days, then some started going the 2 day ("48 hour route"). Personally I just get rid of it right away.

A safeguard yes, but only if installing and uninstalling software that requires the usage of the temp folder after a reboot. However if any other software is storing important or needed files in the temp folder it's just plain stupid programming.

I have had the option "unchecked" for about 6 cleaning sessions with "CCleaner" and have had no problems B)