Spam fighters

Humpty

For years, spam haters have relied on junk-mail filters and Internet blacklists, but lately, some are saying it's time for a change in tactics.

Their answer: follow the money. And that means going after the Web sites where spammers sell their pharmaceuticals and watches and male enhancement products.

Over the past four years, Bruen has tried to move the fight to a new front with his project KnujOn (that's No Junk backwards, for those who aren't into word games), which has helped shut down more than 30,000 spammer Web sites. The project asks volunteers to send in their spam, and it uses these submissions to build a large database linking sites to known spammers. To date, it has helped take down more than 32,000 of these junk mail sites.

Article

Damn, topic's name let me expect red flags and armed civilians storming spammer strongholds. Well, I guess you can't always get what you want =(

But seriously. This seems a very good idea and I will make a good use of it in case I get these crappy advertising mails.