Split screen program.

Anthony A

• Moderators
This program looks very interesting. Anybody using it here? http://reptils.free.fr/

Never heard of it. Then again I think all Windows versions have built-in support via right clicking the taskbar when more than one program is open to Tile horizontally or vertically all the open windows - albeit the implementation isn't perfect.

Never heard of it. Then again I think all Windows versions have built-in support via right clicking the taskbar when more than one program is open to Tile horizontally or vertically all the open windows - albeit the implementation isn't perfect.

This one lets you position the windows on the screen so you don't have to move them. You can use key board short cut or a number pad pops up with arrows to select a position. I installed it on one of my machines and it's pretty neat. I will play with it for a while.

Have you played around with this any more? Just curious as to what you think about it.

It's a decent program if like to have several windows open at the same time. You don't need to drag them around and re-size them to where you like it. This program divides the screen into 9 sections. Each section has a keyboard short cut for it or a touch pad type pop up can be used. Use the keyboard short cut or the pop up and select e one of the nine areas and the window will just fit right into it.

Windows has tile vertically or horizontally built in but this program takes it farther.

It's a decent program if like to have several windows open at the same time. You don't need to drag them around and re-size them to where you like it. This program divides the screen into 9 sections. Each section has a keyboard short cut for it or a touch pad type pop up can be used. Use the keyboard short cut or the pop up and select e one of the nine areas and the window will just fit right into it.

Windows has tile vertically or horizontally built in but this program takes it farther.

So, I guess you feel it works pretty well. How about load or activation time? Also, what about resources -- memory and/or CPU? Is it pretty resource intensive, or not all that bad?

So, I guess you feel it works pretty well. How about load or activation time? Also, what about resources -- memory and/or CPU? Is it pretty resource intensive, or not all that bad?

You can set it to start up with Windows or you can start it manually. Started manually it is instantaneous. Click the desktop icon or the start menu short cut and the program starts in like half a second if that.

Looking at the the program in Process Explorer it is using 4 Mb of ram and 0 CPU.

This program installs at 2.5 MB.

I read about this program on Lifehacker so you can read the review and comments there. http://lifehacker.com/software/top/maximiz...tion-292793.php

You can set it to start up with Windows or you can start it manually. Started manually it is instantaneous. Click the desktop icon or the start menu short cut and the program starts in like half a second if that.

Looking at the the program in Process Explorer it is using 4 Mb of ram and 0 CPU.

This program installs at 2.5 MB.

I read about this program on Lifehacker so you can read the review and comments there. http://lifehacker.com/software/top/maximiz...tion-292793.php

Thanks for the article -- haven't read it yet, but I will. Are you using version 1.5 or 1.6?

One other thing . . . once you use the split-screen function -- how do you dis-engage it so that programs will open full-screen? I downloaded and installed it, but I'm still trying to figure out how to get things back to full-screen.

One other thing . . . once you use the split-screen function -- how do you dis-engage it so that programs will open full-screen? I downloaded and installed it, but I'm still trying to figure out how to get things back to full-screen.

Maximize the window like you normally would. You can use the maximize button on the top right of the window or right click the window on the Task Bar and select maximize.

Maximize the window like you normally would. You can use the maximize button on the top right of the window or right click the window on the Task Bar and select maximize.

I just went back to their website and it also appears that cntl + alt + 5 (the center pop-up key) gives you a full screen (although I haven't tried it yet.)

• Moderators
This program looks very interesting. Anybody using it here? http://reptils.free.fr/

Hi Anthony, just had a look at that today, and although I'm not sure what permanent use I could put it to, it's a really small util, both on the drive and when running, and works really smoothly.

Not permanently installed yet (Returnil), but will definitely hang onto the installer.

:)