CCleaner breaking Speakers? Is this possible?

neoddr089

My friend believes me running CCleaner on his computer has caused his speakers to stop working. I personally do not think this is possible, but he believes so, and i wanna prove him wrong.

So, please, help me prove him wrong or prove his idea that CCleaner deleted his "speaker cache" causing his speakers to break correct.

~Neo

My friend believes me running CCleaner on his computer has caused his speakers to stop working. I personally do not think this is possible, but he believes so, and i wanna prove him wrong.

So, please, help me prove him wrong or prove his idea that CCleaner deleted his "speaker cache" causing his speakers to break correct.

~Neo

eh?? his speaker must be broken and when your friend installed CCleaner his speaker went down by chance i personally think that it was just a coincedence that CCleaner would cause a speaker not to function.

• Moderators

G231 make sure your friend has opened the volume control (by double clicking the speaker icon in the taskbar) and checked that it hasn't been muted.

He could also try plugging in a known working set of headphones to make sure the sound card is functioning.

Also if he has separate speakers try plugging them into a known working portable cd player.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• 2 months later...

~Neo

This just happened to me!!! Your friend is not wrong. Any answers to this problem? Thanks

tradergino

This just happened to me!!! Your friend is not wrong. Any answers to this problem? Thanks

tradergino

I have CCleaner running on two WinXP Home and one WinME systems and CCleaner has never interfered with the System sounds.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

My speakers are 7 years old, and haven't had any problems, even after using CCleaner almost every day.

I found the problem. The slider in Audio Properties was moved all the way to the left ( muted). I haven't touched these settings in years so clearly CC Cleaner was the "culprit" Cheers.