Microsoft Mail

yr3750

purchased new pc with Vista OS...can't send or receive email using new Microsoft Mail...error message 0x800ccc79 & 0x800ccc0e...looked these up and tried to make corrections...still doesn't work... any ideas? thanks in advance for your support.

• Moderators

I don't have vista but I have heard that the new client isn't all that great. They have a beta for MS Live mail which is supposed to take its place.(and its also available for xp). Its pretty good but I switched back to thunderbird because I found a cool calendar add on.

Not really what your looking for but maybe you could try thunderbird.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/

Maybe a vista user on the forum(I don't think there are that many) will be able to help you set it up.

I have a Vista Home Premium that I have finally persuaded to run almost like I want it to. That is ignoring the Windows Mail. That is a hopeless program and is really frustrating. So, along comes Windows Live Mail. It's so much better than what came with Vista.

Today I downloaded and installed Window Live Mail. I'm delighted to say not one problem has slipped in yet. Probably will but not yet. I have three address which the program grabbed and set the up, ready to go. Imported the address book silently.

This thing is fast, very fast. Believe it beat Outlook Express on speed. Has a lot of options, such as colors, features. Some things missing that I'm used to but will accept it over what it replaced. I have version 12.0.1184 and it doesn't mention BETA. Must be a final.

Everybody with XP SP-2 and Vista can run this program. I like it.

Mudd

Mudd