Windows Vista "Sucks"

yr3750

• Moderators

Dial a fix does not work with vista at the moment.

CCleaner is not doing too bad with vista at the moment, although there are a few areas where cleaning can be hindered by vista's controls on things, as lots of software developers have found.

There is a new CCleaner version due out soon which should address hopfully some of those areas.

What problems are you having?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

This is what I'm look for ... running vista premium, 2GB ram on althlon x2, 64bit ... Issues (registry keys) are found in the "active x and class issues" and "application paths" it does a great job of finding these issues but will not fix them ... I've tried opening the registry using "open in regeit ... hightlighting the key -- clicking deleted and get message ... "unable to delete specified value" ... if CC issues and a visit to regedit won't delete the key ... HOW DOES ONE DELETE THE INVALID KEY? ... HELP

THANKS,

Dave

• Moderators

What happens if you take ownership of the reg key via right-click, security advanced and change permissions to delete it?

Take care with any alterations in the registry, backups are recommended.

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

Dial a fix does not work with vista at the moment.

CCleaner is not doing too bad with vista at the moment, although there are a few areas where cleaning can be hindered by vista's controls on things, as lots of software developers have found.

There is a new CCleaner version due out soon which should address hopfully some of those areas.

What problems are you having?

I just can't clean the registry with "ISSUES"...that's mostly the problem...when i scan and hit the fix issues button it appears to clean the registry, however, when i keep scanning issues i continue to get the same issues over and over...when i had the XP operating system i used dial-a-fix to correc this problem?????????? THANKS for your responses...this is the BEST of any forum that i have visited.

• Moderators

All I can suggest at the moment is making sure you have full permissions for the account you are running. Until dial a fix can be run with vista, I am not too sure about any other quick fix.

You could however try right-clicking the CCleaner icon on the desktop and choosing run as administrator.

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

This is what I'm look for ... running vista premium, 2GB ram on althlon x2, 64bit ... Issues (registry keys) are found in the "active x and class issues" and "application paths" it does a great job of finding these issues but will not fix them ... I've tried opening the registry using "open in regeit ... hightlighting the key -- clicking deleted and get message ... "unable to delete specified value" ... if CC issues and a visit to regedit won't delete the key ... HOW DOES ONE DELETE THE INVALID KEY? ... HELP

THANKS,

Dave

One cannot take control, I can get to security, advanced, but no matter what box I check, when I click apply, it refused to accept any changes. Since, I am the administrator, and only user of this computer and this copy of win vista home premium ... what else can I try ...

???

dave

All I can suggest at the moment is making sure you have full permissions for the account you are running. Until dial a fix can be run with vista, I am not too sure about any other quick fix.

You could however try right-clicking the CCleaner icon on the desktop and choosing run as administrator.

I should have let you know earlier that right-clicking the CCleaner icon worked for me, too...THANKS again for the GREAT support.

• 11 months later...

With Windows Vista, being logged in as a Local Administrator does not mean that the system is constatly being run with eleveted priviledges.

As a time/click saver, one thing I did when I installed CCleaner on Windows Vista is:

• Right-Click on the CCleaner shortcut on the desktop and choose Properties.
  • Click on the Compatability Tab.
  • Check Run this program as an administrator.
  • Click OK.

When CCleaner is launched and UAC is displayed, click Continue and the priviledges to run CCleaner will be elevated.