Auslogics Registry Defrag

rridgely

• Moderators

From what I've learned on here over the last few months, I treat the registry with great respect.

I'm using Registry Mechanic and CCleaner, but a good search feature is something I don't have.

Will download and use with care.

• Moderators

I finally just tried auslogics registry defrag. Its pretty good and if I was going to use a program of this type it would be this one.

The good

-Great simple interface

-creates restore point

-Fast

-Easy to use. Just click next a few times.(same reason I like the regular auslogis defrag)

-seems pretty safe

The bad

-I don't think it really sped up my system but I didn't expect it too. Some people claim defragging and registry defragging speeds stuff up noticeably but its never really mattered much to me.

Overall A+ program. :)

Dropped Vista Ultimate on an old 20 gig drive to check it out for when I have my new pc finished.(hopefully this weekend) :unsure:

Ran Auslogics reg defrag after I had Vista the way I think I want it.

It compacted the reg by 13% and I definately noticed an overall improvement.

Only prob is that the desktop icons for both reg and disk defrag show as a blank yet they show fine in all programs and quicklaunch.

I think I may have stuffed them up when I got rid of the shortcut arrows.No big deal though.

And yes, I have had a big prob on another machine which required a image restore after running a reg defrag so it's up to you if you want to run it.