Real History and Cache deletion

Nut75

If we clean Internet Cache and History with common methods, we don't clean them, but only make them not readable by browsers. Try using "Index.Dat Viewer" (http://www.scanraid.com/indexdat.htm) and see.

I'd like a CCleaner version which could really wash history, inside index.dat.

Bye!

Hi,

i suppose you know that index.dat files are deleted only after a computer reboot.

May i ask if you view index.dat file as "Marked for deletion" in CCleaner log?

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy

Hi,

i suppose you know that index.dat files are deleted only after a computer reboot.

May i ask if you view index.dat file as "Marked for deletion" in CCleaner log?

Where can I find CCleaner log?

Today I found a useful program (Mil Shield) that removed data from index.dat without ask me to log off or log in as a particular user (my default user has administrator rights). So I realized that is possible to clean (not delete) index.dat with Windows XP running.

• 2 weeks later...
Where can I find CCleaner log?

I mean in the blank space just above the "Analyze" and "Run Cleaner... "

buttons, where CCleaner shows all the crap candidate for deletion.

Today I found a useful program (Mil Shield) that removed data from index.dat without ask me to log off or log in as a particular user (my default user has administrator rights). So I realized that is possible to clean (not delete) index.dat with Windows XP running.

Yes, i've read about some tricks to do this :)

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy

It looks to me that CCleaner will remove Cookies Index.dat file only if you do not choose to save any cookies. It does get rid of the cookies not on your save list, but does not clear the information out of the Index.dat file. Even if you reboot. This info is easily viewed with a number of programs and shows all sites you have visited. If your goal is to cover your browsing tracks, do not save any cookies

Mil Shield as mentioned above does clean index.dat keeping only informaton on those sites whose cookies you choose to keep. Unfortunately, the program is not free

• 4 years later...

Nice update, but for a pretty old thread though (Started by Nut75, Jun 12 2007 07:47 PM).

Last message Posted 23 June 2007 - 07:04 PM. :D

So what? It's an issue that won't go away as long as Windows runs on the desktop.

Once everything is on the cloud there won't be any privacy to worry about.

Everything will be tracked in real time.