Microsoft Visual Basic Runtime Files

craigathus

HI' :D

Can some 1 please tell me if I really need Microsoft VBR files?

I use windows XP home sp2 and Microsoft Update keeps telling me I need to install an update for VBRuntime.

The problem is windows won't let it install! :blink: I can't find any VBRuntime files or programs on my PC.

After searching there knowledge base I found out the reason is that VBRuntime might not be installed on this PC.

They also say that XP normally does have it installed! :unsure:

I read in CCleaners help that CCleaner needs VBRuntime? however CCleaner installed and is running like a swiss watch.

Very confusion :blink: would appreciate any help.

Sorry my mistake :(

Need to say sorry "Andavari" for wastin your time, and anyone els. :(

How stupid do I feel!

I got "Microsoft Visual Basic Runtime" & "Microsoft Virtual Machine" mixed up.

It's (Microsoft VM update:816093) that came as a automatic update, however as I said my PC' or Windows won't let this automatic update install!

Do I need this update? or can I relax? ;)

Like I said' sorry...

• Moderators

The Microsoft Visual Basic Runtime Files are required to run a myriad of programs, not just CCleaner. So if CCleaner or some other program is constantly requesting them you'd indeed have to install them. I recommend restarting Windows after the installation, even if you're not prompted to do so.

They can be downloaded from Microsoft here.

The Microsoft Visual Basic Runtime Files are required to run a myriad of programs, not just CCleaner. So if CCleaner or some other program is constantly requesting them you'd indeed have to install them. I recommend restarting Windows after the installation, even if you're not prompted to do so.

They can be downloaded from Microsoft here.

Thanks 'Andavari'

No program is requesting any VBRuntime files, Its just that Windows is rejecting this update, I can't install it. :angry:

Its supposed to be a so called "Critcal Update" <_< ...automatic updates enabled etc.

My PC runs fine without all this VBR stuff.

It just seems strange that "Microsoft Update" after checking my PC thinks I need this update.

Thanks for replying.

Sorry my mistake :(

Need to say sorry "Andavari" for wastin your time, and anyone els. :(

How stupid do I feel!

I got "Microsoft Visual Basic Runtime" & "Microsoft Virtual Machine" mixed up.

It's (Microsoft VM update:816093) that came as a automatic update, however as I said my PC' or Windows won't let this automatic update install!

Do I need this update? or can I relax? ;)

Like I said' sorry...