Just want to say HI

craigathus

HI' been checking out these forums since downloading CCleaner the other day, It's go to be 1 of the best downloads around.

It works just like a bought 1 lol :lol:

Was reading posts about what AVprograms & Firewalls you guys use and recommend or don't! very interesting.

Don't laugh but I use Norton AV2007, not as resorce hungery as Norton Internet Security, and it seems to do the job.

I let Windows Firewall do its thing' got to make sure that only the needed exceptions are allowed! and keep up to date with updates for everything.

This is my 1st post...please excus mi speling...got to download spell ckeck for IExplorer. :blink:

Can any 1 tell me how to workout if I have a AGP or PCI type of video card? It's a Nvidia FX5200 128Mb. It came preinstalled in this PC.

Do I have to open the box to have a look?

cya's

Hi craigathus, welcome. :)

You could try System Information for Windows (SIW) under Hardware - Devices - Display Adapters.

SIW link

If still not sure you could open the box and images of the different slots are available on the net.

Thanks Humpty

Device manager only tells me that its connected to PCI bus 1' does that mean its a PCI type of card?

Might be best if you can find a pic of your mobo and work from there.

What's a mobo? :blink: I'm sure its short for somthin' probably realy obvious? :huh:

Sorry about the spelling!

I'm mainly trying to work out what I need in the way of a new & better (more powerfull video card)

Mobo = Motherboard.

You could go to Crucial.com and use the "Scan My System" button on the main page. (Only works with Internet Explorer or with the IE Tab extension in Firefox.) Click to agree to the Terms and Conditions and let it run. The page it comes up with RAM options... but on the left side of the screen, it has a bunch of text boxes; check the one that says video card, and un-check the others. Then, click on the ones that it shows, and it will tell you if it's AGP or PCI.

AJ

Mobo = Motherboard.

You could go to Crucial.com and use the "Scan My System" button on the main page. (Only works with Internet Explorer or with the IE Tab extension in Firefox.) Click to agree to the Terms and Conditions and let it run. The page it comes up with RAM options... but on the left side of the screen, it has a bunch of text boxes; check the one that says video card, and un-check the others. Then, click on the ones that it shows, and it will tell you if it's AGP or PCI.

AJ

Thanks 'GCNbball8' I should have figured out (Mobo) thats 1 to remember.

I'll give what u say a try. :D

• Moderators

Hi craigathus, wekcome to the forum.

I tried Crucial.com with Firefox just out of curiosity, and you can dowload a 112kb scanner to run locally on your pc.

I've downloaded that, and I'm gonna give it a try........

Done that, simple exe. file which scanned my system in about 5 seconds, gave me all the relevant info about my hardware, and then went to the home site with a complete list of possible upgrades.

Neat. :)