How to make CCleaner Clean Irfanview and VLC player?

ragnarok

OK this is my first post but concerned about privacy in office i need to have Irfanview and VLC player cleaned

How can i make CCleaner do this , i am more like a newbie with CCcleaner

i have version:

It is very important for me to as quickly as possible get Irfanview cache/historial/temp cleaned

in one word get all trace of images being seen through irfanview removed.

As for VLC i need also all traces removed of all videos being watched through the program

since i use VLC instead of windows media player .

I hope someone can help me with this

and i hope i dont have to use another program and that CCleaner can do this.

Meanwhile can i just uninstall Both programm and install them again

to get the Traces removed?

if not then i just leave the programs there until i can clean them somehow.

Hope someone understand this privacy situation and can help :(

Thanks for a good program so far ;)

The only way to get CCleaner to clean them would be to write winapp2 entries for them. See here:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=1110

You could uninstall them to remove the traces I guess but you would have to be sure and go through and delete all of the leftovers after the uninstaller is done.

thanks, problem i dont have any experience with writing winapp2 entries

i believe that is not just to write a line in winapp2.ini so in that case that wont help me much.

If anyone could add Winapp entries for CCleaner of Irfanview 3.99/4 and VLC player 0.8.6a that would be great

also i think many people will apreciate it since irfanview is one of the most used photo viewer

while VLC is probaly the Nr.1 alternative to Windows player specially because of Driver suport.

With regards to IrfanView, as far as I can see its only the MRUs (under 'File') that contain any info to be cleaned. Unfortunately I can't find where they are stored and so can't write a winapp2 entry at the mo. I'll have another look tomorrow in case I'm just being blind.

You can though stop IrfanView storing this info in the options if you want. In IrfanView click Options>Properties, click the 'Misc 2' tab and from there you can untick 'Add MRUDs to file list' to stop them being stored. There is also a 'Clear' button to clear the MRUs that are already there.

(Can't help with VLC player as I don't use it)

With regards to IrfanView, as far as I can see its only the MRUs (under 'File') that contain any info to be cleaned. Unfortunately I can't find where they are stored and so can't write a winapp2 entry at the mo. I'll have another look tomorrow in case I'm just being blind.

You can though stop IrfanView storing this info in the options if you want. In IrfanView click Options>Properties, click the 'Misc 2' tab and from there you can untick 'Add MRUDs to file list' to stop them being stored. There is also a 'Clear' button to clear the MRUs that are already there.

(Can't help with VLC player as I don't use it)

Thanks i was able to clean the MRUD list from that option properties list too

Now if we just know where MRUD folder for irfanview is

• Moderators

IrfanView stores them in its configuration .ini file: i_view32.ini

IrfanView stores them in its configuration .ini file: i_view32.ini

Ah thanks Andavari, knew I must have been missing something obvious, didn't expect them to be there. A winapp2 entry won't be possible for it then will it.

Ah thanks Andavari, knew I must have been missing something obvious, didn't expect them to be there. A winapp2 entry won't be possible for it then will it.

Just tried. i_view32.ini can be deleted. Irfanview recreate

it automatically, but obviously every customization is lost.

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy

• Moderators
A winapp2 entry won't be possible for it then will it.

Probably not.

About the only privacy setting which has already been mentioned in this thread that can be done via IrfanView is to disable the MRU list, other than that it will always open the last used directory, and something I've always hated save to the last saved to directory.