burn music in list i choose

TheFiresInTheSky

i used nero to burn a mp3 cd and i wanted to tracks to go in a certain order. well, with around 100 songs on an mp3, its kinda hard to rename all the tracks. i would have to do that because nero puts them in alphebetical order.

whats a freeware program that i can use to do this in the order i choose, besides WMP?

• Moderators

Get Mp3tag (freeware), or if you want something already done up (point and click so to speak) then get what I've pre-configured which includes Tag Frontend w/Tag (freeware), this is what I've bundled together with most of what will be needed.

In order for your files to be burned exactly in numbered order you must name your files alphanumerically something like this "N - A - T" which would make the files look like this:

01 - Deep Purple - The Battle Rages On.mp3

02 - Amorphis - Summer's End.mp3

03 - Nevermore - Inside Four Walls.mp3

04 - Ozzy Osbourne - Shot In The Dark (Live).mp3

05 - Satyricon - King.mp3

...etc.

After naming your files alphanumerically it really doesn't matter what software you use to burn the songs, although I have in very high regard, and highly recommend Burrrn.

Edit:

Forget to mention that if you want your original MP3's left alone then get into the practice of copying what you want to burn to an audio CD into a folder like C:\Audio CD. Then all you'd have to do is copy those MP3's to the C:\Audio CD folder rename them or whatever without messing with the originals.

• Moderators
it all sounds good but it seems like a lot of work. could a batch program be made or something to automatically do this?

Like I already stated and gave links to both Mp3tag and Tag Frontend w/Tag will do exact that in batch form they can rename files in mass, you won't have to individually mess with hordes of files! I should also state that Foobar2000 can also mass rename files too.

• Moderators

Note that if you're making a mix CD ("tracks from several different albums") you'll just have to be annoyed at the chore of manually doing some stuff. ;)Been there done that, and I'm still doing it, as there's no real quick fix way. :mellow: