Many CCSetups on computer

yjsk2100

Hi. I am using Windows XP Home SP2 IE7 and have CCleaner installed on my computer. It is a very good program to have. I made a folder just for the downloads and installs which I save. Was looking over my programs and realize I have many setups of CCleaner installed. I read somewhere if you download CCleaner and then run it the newer version will just overide the old one. Is this true??? I have:

ccsetup117

ccsetup121

ccsetup123 and all the way to ccsetup140. (1.40.520)

My question is this. Is it okay to have all these versions on my computer or would it be better to uninstall all of them and then just install the newest one? Or should I go back and install 117 and then install 121 and just run it where it will overide 117 and so on and so on up to the newest version 1.40.520 or should I just leave it like it is. I have heard if it ain't broke don't fix it so I probably will leave it alone but just needed some advice on what to do... Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks... :unsure:

And if you install and run and it overides then I think it would be a good idea if one used Save it ought to remove the older version before installing the newer version.

• Moderators

It won't hurt anything to have the setup files on your computer. Just install the latest version over whatever version is installed. You can also fresh install 1.40 if you like. It won't matter.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

Thanks. Since CCleaner is working fine I am just going to leave it as it is. Then when the next update comes I will just use RUN and have it overide the latest version I have installed. That way I won't mess anything up. Thought I had this message set to e-mail me with a reply but it didn't happen and I didn't realize you had answered my post so quickly. Once again thank you.

Those setup files (ccsetup117 etc) in your download folder are not the installed program, just the setup file for CCleaner so you can install it.

If you select RUN nextime you download, it will just install over your currently installed CCleaner,

without adding another file into your downloads directory, I'd advise using Save just in case you

need to reinstall that version.

It is perfectly fine to keep the setups but you probably don't need all the ones from 117 - 140 just keep the last

few versions if you want, in case a new version has a bug any you need a previous version.

You definitely don't need to go back an install 117 and then the new ones over it.

Just make sure you have installed (not just downloaded) the latest version.

fireryone

It is perfectly fine to keep the setups but you probably don't need all the ones from 117 - 140 just keep the last

few versions if you want, in case a new version has a bug any you need a previous version.

You don't even need to do that really as you can always get older versions at FileHippo: http://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/