c cleaner has badly affected Office suite!

:angry: Hi There, wonder if anyone can help.

I read a review of CCleaner insound on sound magazine and it seemed to be just what my laptop needed. As it came from a reliable source I tried it out.

Unfortunately I noticed no improvement at all, in fact my laptop (Sony Vaio VGN-FS415E) is now slower than ever because every time I open ANY Office application I get a message telling me it is installing Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Elements. It runs through the process and ends with this message

error 1402 could not find key HKEy_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\adobe\adobe acrobat\7.0\installer\IOD verify you have sufficient access to that key or contact support personel.

Now I know diddly squat about what this means except that it is extremely annoying. I can use office programs but have to click cancel about 6 times each time i open them, and in outlook i have to do this every time i open a different e-mail, or start anew one. As far as I can see, CCleaner has wiped out something important. Surely this is not what this program is designed to do? Surely it just cleans c**p? not important files??

I have used th undo files provided by CCleaner, but this problem won't go away. I have tried using the setup program in acrobat to repair the files but I get exactly the same message when it tries. Trouble is, this pc came pre-installed so I cant even re-install this program. I don't even need it or use it as I don't make PDFs!!!

Please, anyone, can you help?????

Thanks in advance

If the CCleaner backups did not work try a system restore.

(Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore)

Or, Since you don't use or need Photoshop Elements try uninstalling it, if it won't uninstall try the above steps first.

fireryone

I suggest you uninstall - Adobe Acrobat 7.0 reboot and then see if your problem is solved. Should you require the program in the future it is a free download. or you can install foxit which is a much better option anyway

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit - IE11 - Nod32 - Mbam pro

If the CCleaner backups did not work try a system restore.

(Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore)

Or, Since you don't use or need Photoshop Elements try uninstalling it, if it won't uninstall try the above steps first.

thanks, tried this but didn't make a restore point, and neither did the pc! Doh!

I suggest you uninstall - Adobe Acrobat 7.0 reboot and then see if your problem is solved. Should you require the program in the future it is a free download. or you can install foxit which is a much better option anyway

thanks, will try this, but now the computer has just slowed down to a grinding halt. Very frustrating! Obviously more than just this is a problem