CCleaner deleting my logins

hodag

I have used CCleaner for many years now and I have a fairly extensive "white list" of cookies that I want to retain.  Mostly these contain login credentials for various sites.

I am now having problems losing all my logins.  Before when I ran CCleaner, it would clear all my cookies but leave my white list cookies alone as it is intended to do, but recently it has started to clear everything.  After I run CCleaner the white list remains in the right side of the cookie panel, so it seems like the cookies still exist in some way, but when I access one of the sites I have to manually login.  I am seeing this behavior in all the browsers I use (IE, FF, and Chrome).  Is this a CCleaner problem, a Windows issue, or something else?

I am running what seems to be the latest version of CCleaner (5.23.5808 for 64-bit), and Win 10 Pro v1607, build 14393.351 (also the most recent).

• Moderators

did this only start happening with CC v5.23 ?

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

I've been having exactly the same issues for the last week or so, with the latest version. Whether I close down IE, or leave it open, and do a clean, when I check for cookies (I get a notification that IE hasn't been closed and then force a closure) and there's a whole new batch of cookies in the left panel. If I do two cleans in succession, all of my login details etc get deleted from white listed accounts.

Thoughts, Musings, Ideas and Images from South Gippsland
http://australianimage.com.au/wordpress/

• Moderators

I'm not sure exactly what, but I know IE cleaning is one of the issues with v5.23 that is being looked into.

Suggest you revert back to v5.22 (available from FileHippo) until a solution is released.

And it's always good to welcome another Aussie to the forums. :)(even Victorians)

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

did this only start happening with CC v5.23 ?

Yes, I think so.  Like the other poster above, this started happening a week to ten days ago.  The reason I asked about Windows in my original message is that Microsoft pushed a fairly large update to Win 10 last week as well, but I suspect this is CCleaner related.  Note that this problem is not isolated to IE cookies since I have the same issue with Firefox and Chrome cookies.