cleaning files from every user account

would it be possible to include deletion of the temp files and other crap for every user....I don't mean "all users" I mean every user who has an account on the PC.

I currently have to log in to the account of each of my family members and run ccleaner from that user account, it would be easier to do it all from one account.

many thanks

• Moderators

Asked and answered a billion times ;) but one more time I will answer (hey why not, not like poster's will start searching ever :P)

This is not a ideal idea, becasue too many people would clean things that other users of the computer would then freak out about missing.

if you really want to do this (and from your account) then enable secondary logon (also called runas)

and shift right click ccleaner, choose run as other user

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

However, the (ridiculous) limitation of Run as... is that you can only do it for password-protected accounts. If an account is not password-protected, you won't be able to do it. :(

Piriform French translator

Asked and answered a billion times ;) but one more time I will answer (hey why not, not like poster's will start searching ever :P)

This is not a ideal idea, becasue too many people would clean things that other users of the computer would then freak out about missing.

if you really want to do this (and from your account) then enable secondary logon (also called runas)

and shift right click ccleaner, choose run as other user

Thanks for the prompt reply....and apologies for not searching first (!)....

I still think the OPTION of doing so would be useful, if we don't want to use it then so be it

Considering your second tip to run as another user, this wouldn't really be much quicker than logging on as that user in the first place, but thanks for the tip - didn't know I could do that !

Thanks for the prompt reply....and apologies for not searching first (!)....

I still think the OPTION of doing so would be useful, if we don't want to use it then so be it

Considering your second tip to run as another user, this wouldn't really be much quicker than logging on as that user in the first place, but thanks for the tip - didn't know I could do that !

Here's an easier way to do what you want.

One of the reasons I love CCleaner is you can use Scheduled Tasks in the Control Panel to have it run automatically for each user. If you only want to run it manually, you can add the tasks then turn them off. Once you have done that then you can log in as any user, go to the Scheduled Tasks and right-click each user's task to run it. I do that to clean everything before I defrag the computer.

Here's an easier way to do what you want.

One of the reasons I love CCleaner is you can use Scheduled Tasks in the Control Panel to have it run automatically for each user. If you only want to run it manually, you can add the tasks then turn them off. Once you have done that then you can log in as any user, go to the Scheduled Tasks and right-click each user's task to run it. I do that to clean everything before I defrag the computer.

thanks for the tip......I will look into that possibility

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

However, the (ridiculous) limitation of Run as... is that you can only do it for password-protected accounts. If an account is not password-protected, you won't be able to do it. :(

As a Follow-up to this Aethec later posted a very nice tutorial

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com