disabling deletion of AVG logs/scans

monomo

:blink: MS Windows/XPHome/SP2/IE7...CCleaner v: 2.23.999 Whenever I run Ccleaner - usually after getting offline, it deletes all the AVG logs/scan log and other AVG files. I would like to keep the AVG logs/scan files etc. for a few days before they are deleted. How can I prevent CC from deleting these files?

Also is there a feature for deleting tracking cookies? Thanks for any suggestions.

In the Application tab there should be some "AVG" checkboxes. Uncheck them.

Oh, and, you're using an old CCleaner version - latest is 2.24.1010. Download it from ccleaner.com :)

PS : Update to SP3 - keeping SP2 is not a good idea (SP3 contains lots of bug fixes, patches, ...). And updating to IE8 would be good too :)

Piriform French translator

In the Application tab there should be some "AVG" checkboxes. Uncheck them.

Oh, and, you're using an old CCleaner version - latest is 2.24.1010. Download it from ccleaner.com :)

PS : Update to SP3 - keeping SP2 is not a good idea (SP3 contains lots of bug fixes, patches, ...). And updating to IE8 would be good too :)

Many thanks for ur reply and the 'tips' to update. I took ur advice and updated CCleaner, and will follow thru with the others later on. I cannot find any reference to AVG in the Application tab...would appreciate it if you could specify exactly which one(s) pertain to AVG. Thanks again.

Dear Aethec,

I am a newbie to this great site, and a novice at computers. I am Just wondering if I might ask you to explain what SP2 and SP3 are? I am wondering if I have these and should update as well?

I am using windows XP 2003 Home edition and service pack 3

If I would need to............where do i go to update a SP2 ?

Thanks for all help :)

Flywelder

10-26-09

Many thanks for ur reply and the 'tips' to update. I took ur advice and updated CCleaner, and will follow thru with the others later on. I cannot find any reference to AVG in the Application tab...would appreciate it if you could specify exactly which one(s) pertain to AVG. Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...

To update any of Microsoft's products, usually go 2 xp's 'help and support', and look for the update section (top right). Set a time to auto install updates.........or go to:

www.microsoft.com/updates or www.microsoft.com and search for the particular program you need updating. The main thing is to update all your programs a.s.a.p!

The program 'advanced windows cleaner' by Iobit (www.iobit.com) has an excellent program in it called 'update notifier'. It will show you all your programs that need updating, and also take you directly to the update you need to install. i use it quite often cause you just forget.