CCleaner with boot up problem?

LuLu

I recently started getting a message at boot up telling me I have to scan my disk for errors (CHKDSK). It stops at step 2 so I reboot and skip the whole thing altogether. Does anyone think its safe to run CCleaner before attempting to do a full disk scan?

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

I recently started getting a message at boot up telling me I have to scan my disk for errors (CHKDSK). It stops at step 2 so I reboot and skip the whole thing altogether. Does anyone think its safe to run CCleaner before attempting to do a full disk scan?

Just a quick morning update. I got CHKDSK to run to completion. Now when I check my C drive in the command prompt, it tells me it's not "dirty". So I guess it's OK now.

Now I just need to know this: is it safe to delete everything CCleaner finds?

Just a quick morning update. I got CHKDSK to run to completion. Now when I check my C drive in the command prompt, it tells me it's not "dirty". So I guess it's OK now.

Now I just need to know this: is it safe to delete everything CCleaner finds?

Yes. FYI, you may launch an "Analyze" process having only the "Chkdsk file fragments" entry

checked (it's under System category), just for have a look on how many fragments of checkdisk

files it finds. If now all is working fine on your PC, after some reboots, they will can be safely deleted.

:)

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy

Yes. FYI, you may launch an "Analyze" process having only the "Chkdsk file fragments" entry

checked (it's under System category), just for have a look on how many fragments of checkdisk

files it finds. If now all is working fine on your PC, after some reboots, they will can be safely deleted.

:)

Sounds good. Thanks so much!