CCleaner zapped my Dev Studio 2003

I read good things about CCleaner, so I tried it. I'm a programmer, and use MS Dev Studio 2003 (currently.)

After the first cleaning session, I discovered that dev studio no longer saw my accelerator keys. Normally F5 runs, F10 steps, etc. These no longer work at all!

I did a system restore to the day before cleaning, but still had the same problem. This tells me that it's not the registery that's the problem.

I then repaired my install of Dev studio, but that didn't fix the problem.

I'm now going to uninstall and reinstall dev studio, which (hopefully) will fix the problem.

I have to say, I've lost almost a day and don't yet see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I use 3 different versions of dev studio, and haven't checked the others - I fear the worst.

Does anyone else have a similar experience? I read about 2 other problems with dev studio, although not this one.

I'm using version 1.39.502 of CCleaner.

thanks,

Gene

As a follow up - I completely uninstalled then reinstalled dev studio and still have the problem.

I'm at a loss. It feels like something got unhooked that isn't part of dev studio (since it persists after the uninstall/reinstall.)

I just checked, and Dev Studio 2005 also has lost F5, F10, etc.

The keyboard works fine, and other keyboard accelerators (alt D to select search box) work.

Customize says the accelerator keys are there, but they don't work.

Anyone anywhere? It's one thing to work without a mouse, but to work only with the mouse is painful.

Gene

• Moderators

Until someone else jumps in with a solution, you could try looking at these 2 links, one leads to the other.

It may give you some ideas anyway.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/lofiversion/in...hp/t272273.html

http://jtsang.mvps.org/flock.html

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

God bless you and all of your descendents!

What an obscure key! For all I know I pressed that key myself (my keyboard does have one) and the timing coincided with the CCleaner trial.

I read your link, learning for the first time what the F Lock key does, and just pressed it and all my problems disappeared.

I lost at least 8 hours on this. I don?t know how you made the obscure connection, but you have saved my life.

This reminds me of the stupid ?insert? key. I have thought about the hell a novice user would be in if by accident the insert key got pressed. He/she might never know that all that was needed was to press it again.

Such dangerous side effects from something so seldom used.

Thank you so much!

Gene