Recover from Digital Cammera

muna580

I have a Cannon SD600 digital cammera that I connect to my PC with a USB. I pluged the camera in but Recuva didn't find the drive. The only drives I see in Recuva is my C drive and the D drive which is my secondary drive. Can someone please help me recovery 2 improtant videos that were deleted in my cam.

I have a Cannon SD600 digital cammera that I connect to my PC with a USB. I pluged the camera in but Recuva didn't find the drive. The only drives I see in Recuva is my C drive and the D drive which is my secondary drive. Can someone please help me recovery 2 improtant videos that were deleted in my cam.

I also have a Canon that attaches via USB. When I plug it in, Zoom Browser launches. This software does not assign a drive letter, so I think Recuva will never see the camera. AFAIK, you need software that will make the camera appear as a drive (assign it a drive letter). As of yet, I don?t know what that would be.

Sorry I wasn?t any help, but at least you know you?re not alone.

I have an Olympus digital photo camera. When I plug in the usb cable and turn on the camera, windows explorer finds it as a drive with a letter, with a folder in it called DCIM. In that folder are the pictures,movies, etc.

Never tried recuva on the camera, but it did show up as a drive, in windows explorer.

Hope this helps. :)

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

Can someone please help me? I really need to recover these photos/videos. I can't use the camera until I recover it.

I would seriously think about just going out and buying a spare/backup memory card. They?re cheap enough; no point in letting the camera sit idle while you wait for help.

http://computing.net/windowsxp/wwwboard/forum/82776.html

This is old (2003) looks simmilar... try Tweak UI power tools as suggested.

Also are the photos on a card or on the camera, if on a card you could just go out and get a card reader.

Have you tried pluging in the camera without the drivers? you never know XP may just recognize it.

fireryone

I just installed TweakUI and I can't figure out how to show up my camera as a drive letter. I called Cannon and they said I would need to buy a card reader. Can someone show me how to use the TweakUI in order to show up my cam as a drive?

I believe the idea was to make sure no drive letters where disabled.

Open TweakUI, click +My Computer , click Drives, make sure none are unchecked, you may also want to make sure no drives have autoplay disabled (unless you decided to turn it off) click +Autoplay, click drives.

PS. So you definitely have a card in the camera and it's not storing the images on its' non-removable camera drive?

If so it may be easier to buy a (relatively cheep I believe) card reader, thats if your printer doesn't have a multi-card reader in it which you could use.

fireryone

• Moderators

Getting a card reader would probably be the easiest solution.(they are only like $10 I think)

Are you sure that when you plug in your camera it doesn't show up in My Computer as a removable drive? I used to use a cannon camera all the time for a project and it had the same software, but you could still see it in My Computer.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I just cover the obvious? Make sure your camera is plugged in and turned on before you start Recuva. If you use your camera on your pc you surely can see your camera, possibly as a removable drive or maybe marked 'Canon' or something similar? If not then how do you take photos off it?

I don't have a Canon camera but for comparison here is what happens with my pc/camera - it may help if you do find you can see your camera.

I have a Fujifilm S5000 and it shows as an extra drive 'FinePix (H:)' on My Computer. If I start up Recuva and see what drives are available it does show me 'Removable Disk (H:)'. However, if I click to do a scan it looks and finds no files to recover. I have another program called File-Saver which I believe I picked up off a magazine disk. If I start it up and try to select a drive it shows 'Finepix (H:)'. If I now ask it to scan it finds 45 jpegs which it says have a 99% chance of recovery and another 6 files with 0% of recovery. As Revuva is a beta release perhaps it is not at its best yet. The point I am making is that even if you get to the point where you can see your camera, Recuva may still not see its files. I don't know why this is, but File-Saver found things that Recuva did not.

File-Saver is available from www.file-saver.com for $20 (around ?8) but I obviously can't guarantee it will work. If you are in the UK you could send me your camera card and I will do it for you and send it back with your files on cd/dvd.

• 5 weeks later...
Getting a card reader would probably be the easiest solution.(they are only like $10 I think)

Are you sure that when you plug in your camera it doesn't show up in My Computer as a removable drive? I used to use a cannon camera all the time for a project and it had the same software, but you could still see it in My Computer.

I second this. Using the card directly would make it more reliable as well as solve your drive not found problems.