New central heating system...

DennisD

• Moderators

I'm looking for some sympathy here. :(

Have to dismantle everything this afternoon as we're having a new heating system installed over the next couple of days.

My little nook is right in the flight path of the new pipes. <_<

And when it's all installed, I can look forward to some decorating. Can't wait. :(

So this is my last visit for a couple of days. Who on earth are you going to educate in my absence?

:P

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

What a bleeding nightmare. ;)

Although I now have a super new central heating system, the last couple of weeks have been absolute s***e.

I would never have believed that 4 men could create such a mess.

Anyway, once the problems were eventually sorted out, I am now set up in a warm and comfy nook in my back bedroom.

It's fantastic to now have a warm house without all the knocking and banging my old boiler used to make. (Not referring to the good lady here, although she can occasionally be quite loud).

Thanks for the kind words Hazel, but no, I'm definitely not enjoying the decorating, or the relaying of some of the carpets.

Believe me, plumbers are crap carpet layers, but I should be thankful the heating works at least.

:)

lol! good to hear dennis. my wife and i heated with a woodstove for the first 8 years of marriage-it was a lot of work chainsawing and such.

i was always interested in geothermal heating. its expensive to put in, but very environmentally friendly and pays for itself in about 12 years and then saves a lot of money.

• Moderators
lol! good to hear dennis. my wife and i heated with a woodstove for the first 8 years of marriage-it was a lot of work chainsawing and such.

i was always interested in geothermal heating. its expensive to put in, but very environmentally friendly and pays for itself in about 12 years and then saves a lot of money.

I've just read your post in "Worst things ever bought".

How on earth did you and your wife come through that?

That's such a good story it should be made into a movie. It sounds really comical now, but I bet at the time it was far from funny.

After surviving that, it could only get better. If there's one thing I hate, it's being cold.

One question though.

Did you sell it? And if so, do you think the buyer could still be looking for you? :P

I've just read your post in "Worst things ever bought".

How on earth did you and your wife come through that?

That's such a good story it should be made into a movie. It sounds really comical now, but I bet at the time it was far from funny.

After surviving that, it could only get better. If there's one thing I hate, it's being cold.

One question though.

Did you sell it? And if so, do you think the buyer could still be looking for you? :P

lol! yes we sold it! actually the property that we bought was prime real estate that we bought prior to the big boom where we are at, so though the mobile home was worth nothing, the property , being in an area that is highly sought after where there is not much property for sale, and lots of zoning restrictions (and we had just over 5 acres) we made a lot of money, and had tons of offers the first day we put it up. we should have asked for more. :)

yeah at the time we nearly went insane from it all. i was working 2 jobs, about 60 hours a week and my wife was working 2 jobs, about 50 hours a week. those were the rough years.

but it makes you appreciate things more later on. :)