Upgraded from Total Privacy 5

nathan

Hi everyone,

Today I upgraded to CCleaner from Total Privacy 5. After months of dealing with the various bugs/issues with Total Privacy, all I can say is "wow!" The bugs in Total Privacy are so numerous it makes it nearly impossible to use. CCleaner is 100% better. I'm definitely going to donate generously to help keep this wonderful program going! I'm just angry I didn't find it sooner... ;p

I just have one question. When running it from the command prompt using /AUTO should the GUI appear or does it clean silently? I made a .bat file in the CCleaner folder with one line of code; "CCleaner.exe /AUTO". I made it a scheduled task to run after 5 minutes of idle time. The command prompt appears and executes it but no GUI appears, is it supposed to work like this?

And one suggestion. I think the built-in ability to make a scheduled task to auto-clean would be excellent. Some people aren't knowledgeable enough to figre out how to make a scheduled task, I think it would greatly help out a lot of users. The main reason I used Total Privacy was because it had so many cleaning options + the ability to run as a scheduled task, although the bugs I experienced in Total Privacy seemed to stem from that ability.

Thanks a bunch,

Nathan

Hi Nathan and welcome to the forum. :)

I hope you don't regard this as patronising, it certainly isn't intended as such. Have a read of the Beginner's guide. Come back again after that if you're unsure on any issues.

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

Hi Nathan and welcome to the forum. :)

I hope you don't regard this as patronising, it certainly isn't intended as such. Have a read of the Beginner's guide. Come back again after that if you're unsure on any issues.

Thanks for the tip Woody. I skimmed through it -- picked up a few useful things. Most of it is self-explanatory. One question though; in the batch file should I put quotes around CCleaner.exe /AUTO? The script itself is in the CCleaner directory and it seems to be running fine, but I just want to be sure. Thanks!

Nathan

• Moderators
Thanks for the tip Woody. I skimmed through it -- picked up a few useful things. Most of it is self-explanatory. One question though; in the batch file should I put quotes around CCleaner.exe /AUTO? The script itself is in the CCleaner directory and it seems to be running fine, but I just want to be sure. Thanks!

Nathan

Since the batch file is in the same folder as CCleaner.exe no you don't need the quotes.