Maxthon 2

Anthony A

I downloaded and tryed this about a week ago and I really like it. Yeah I know it's just a shell and needs IE to run which means you are exposed to the same risks as you would be with IE. I have never had a problem with IE security wise so besides that Maxthon 2 is cool browser. Of all the browses I use it is the most configurable. I use Firefox 2, Opera 8.54 and 9.02, Maxthon 1 and now Maxthon 2, IE7. Have also used Avant, Flock, Slim Browser, Crazy Browser and K Mellon. I can say without doubt Maxthon 2 is the most configurable. Everything in the UI can be moved to where you want. You can unlock the tool bars (like IE) and drag them where you want. You can right click and move any button, menu item, address bar, search bar, status bar to where you want(like Firefox and Opera). Most of the Maxthon 1 extensions/plugins work with Maxthon 2. Maxthon 2 has the nicest skins to of all the browsers I have used. There is something like only 50 available as of now but they are really nice. Here is a link to the skins http://res.maxthon.com/ItemList.aspx?t=38 I especially like the Mac type skins. I would recommend checking this browser out. It's in beta so it's not perfect but it's very stable for me. http://beta.maxthon.com/

Thanks for this FYI.

I never tried Firefox... (yes, I know I'm alone in this forum...1148.gif). I use Maxthon v. 1 since when it was MyIE2. It is very nice and I like to work with it.

I'll try Maxthon v. 2 Beta soon.

097.gif

Firefox... to me is a browser for kiddies that like cute pics and the red Fox that is holding on to the Earth for dear life. :rolleyes:

I have not tried Maxthon but I have made my Menu bar reside at the top of IE7 where I like it with a .reg fix from SnapFiles

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser]"ITBar7Position"=dword:00000001

www.snapfiles.com

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators

IE is a browser for people with fetishes about big blue Es... yeah doesn't really make any sense.

IE is for those who just want there brower to stay the way theyve known it for years. FF and Opera are for those who want to customize their browsers just the way they want them.

I'll be honest, if Firefox didn't have extensions I probably never would have started using it.

The good thing about firefox getting more popular though is that it inspires people to keep their sites compatible with outer platforms. That way people on OSX, linux, and windows can all use any site without problems.

I'll be honest, if Firefox didn't have extensions I probably never would have started using it.

Yeah Firefox without extensions is pretty stripped down browser. IE7 is even better feature wise than a stock Firefox. Opera is totally loaded right out of the box. I love Opera. It has "Fit to Window Width" that I have not seen on any other browser. Firefox doesn't even have an extension for that.

• Moderators
Firefox... to me is a browser for kiddies that like cute pics and the red Fox that is holding on to the Earth for dear life. :rolleyes:

I use Firefox, I`m flattered to be called a kiddie again, :) and I love cute pictures. Especially the one of the fox wrapped around the earth.

Firefox and Opera etc., are thankfully there to enable people to have a choice about how they want to browse.

And the important word here is choice.

Having alternatives, as I`ve no doubt you are aware, prevents any one company from having a monopoly, and then just sitting on its backside, and doing nothing.

The existence of Firefox and Opera etc., is directly responsible for Microsoft getting their finger out and trying to improve Internet Explorer.

So as long as that cute red fox keeps hanging on to that earth, we`ll all be quids in. :)