Remote Access

TheFiresInTheSky

I'm looking for a program (freeware highly preffered) that I can install and send somebody a "packet" that they run and they accept so that I could control the PC.

I'm looking for it for a few of my family members and friends.

Anyone heard of such a thing?

Windows have built-in software for that, its called "Remote Desktop Connection".

Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Remote Desktop Connection.

There are RAT (Remote Administration Tools) which has this functionality. There are software like VNC.

Trojans also have remote-access functionality. Technically trojans can be used for a good purpose, but often they are used for more sinister purposes.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

How do I run something like this without having to install and set up stuff on the other PC?

If that's not possible, how can I just give them a packet to install that sets everything up?

Does VNC do that?

• Moderators

1. You can't control someones pc without them installing something... well you can but thats hacking and its wrong.

2. You could just give them instructions in either a text file or talk through the phone/email/IM.

Basically you can't remotely control someones pc without their knowledge/input. You can go to their house and set it up for them but thats about it.

Also I like Ultra VNC a lot. :D

http://www.uvnc.com/index.html

at the link

If you provide computer support, you can easy access your customer's computers from anywhere in the world and resolve helpdesk issues remotely ! With addons like SingleClick your customers don't even have to pre-install software or execute complex procedures to get remote helpdesk support.

Whats that all about?

I'm going to try it out and see what I come up with.

EDIT: tried it out and I can't get it set up right for some reason.