New ZoneAlarm Suite beta 7

Humpty

Quote:

This version's antivirus component is powered by Kaspersky Labs (previously the suite used an antivirus engine from Computer Associates). According to CheckPoint, Kaspersky's hourly signature releases "ensure that users have the industry's most rapid protection against emerging attacks." The new AV engine will catch more and more varied threats, yet signature updates remain small.

Article

• 2 weeks later...

Kaspersky Internet Security is better than Zone Alarm Suite as of now. However, the Kaspersky firewall seems to slow the internet connection down way more than ZA. Both are good, but Kaspersky has a much smaller footprint.

Sounds interesting.

Its probably because Etrust decided to get a new firewall.(they bought Tiny firewall which I believe is the same thing as Kerio)

Kaspersky Internet Security is better than Zone Alarm Suite as of now. However, the Kaspersky firewall seems to slow the internet connection down way more than ZA. Both are good, but Kaspersky has a much smaller footprint.

Using KAV here and have noticed when on the odd occassions when it is running realtime that the web antivirus side of the av slowed my browsing.

You can add trusted sites not to scan but it's a pain as you have to allow all aspects of the site, including images.

So it might not be the firewall but the web av component slowing your browsing.

• Moderators

I think all of the AVs that have that feature slow down browsing a little. I know avast did when I tried it out again a few weeks ago. I guess its just the nature of the beast.:rolleyes:

Personally I would rather just install a host file and then use opera or firefox and not have to worry about anything getting in without me accepting it, instead of having my AV scan every page I go to. But then again I don't go to sites that would give viruses anyway. :P