Please help!

SaiyaMel

francis.gif

I dunno what the deal is.....my PC is still refusing any new security update downloads from microsoft! and,,, anytime i unistall the .NET frameworks - i get this "Fatal error" crap, then my system wont let me reinstall it (doesn't matter if i reboot)..

I'm at a complete loss and i'm getting so fed up with this!! gaah.gifthrow-1.gif i never had this problem before... does it sound like i need an new computer?

• Moderators

First off have you been having issues with spyware or anything like that?

Download this file:

http://djlizard.net/software/Dial-a-fix-v0.60.0.24.zip

Unzip it and then open up dial a fix. Once its open look at the bottom of the program and click the green checkmark. All of the boxes should now be checked. Then press go and just let dial a fix do its thing. Once its finished reboot.

After the reboot see if you can connect to windows update.

francis.gif

I dunno what the deal is.....my PC is still refusing any new security update downloads from microsoft! and,,, anytime i unistall the .NET frameworks - i get this "Fatal error" crap, then my system wont let me reinstall it (doesn't matter if i reboot)..

I'm at a complete loss and I'm getting so fed up with this!! gaah.gifthrow-1.gif i never had this problem before... does it sound like i need an new computer?

Couple of questions why does your computer refuse to install the new security updates are you receiving any error messages or are they not just installing after they download. What version of Net are you trying to uninstall. Also just curious are you installing the updates from Internet Explorer and have you tried to reinstall Net Framework over your previous instillation.

First off have you been having issues with spyware or anything like that?

Well, i do do a lot of surfing and occasional downloading...and the anti-spyware i use (a-squared free and AVG/ewedo) pick up on tracking cookies..but usually nothing major lately.

Download this file:

http://djlizard.net/software/Dial-a-fix-v0.60.0.24.zip

Unzip it and then open up dial a fix. Once its open look at the bottom of the program and click the green checkmark. All of the boxes should now be checked. Then press go and just let dial a fix do its thing. Once its finished reboot.

After the reboot see if you can connect to windows update.

Did that... no avail.. and i'm still getting this error -

Edit_2006-11-24_1.jpg

whenever i try to download/install them.

What version of Net are you trying to uninstall.

.Net SP framework 1 i think it's called.. i have the installer on my USB flash drive,, but now when i try to reinstall it - i get this message -

Edit_2006-11-24_2.jpg

I only uninstalled the .NET version 1 - last time i uninstalled all versions - i got that same issue/error message which i ended up "correcting" by reinstalling my whole system. another thing that gets me since i started encountering this issue,,, is that whenever i uninstall the frameworks - i don't get the popup prompting me to restart.

Also just curious are you installing the updates from Internet Explorer and have you tried to reinstall Net Framework over your previous instillation.

IE 7. i thought it was requirement to download them via IE?

try reinstalling and then uninstalling the .NET Framework version(s) whcih you are trying to get rid of. after that, try applying the Updates. if that doesn't work, then manually search for "KB922770 and KB917283" and install them manually.

btw, one of those security updates is only needed if you use ASP.NET

try reinstalling and then uninstalling the .NET Framework version(s) whcih you are trying to get rid of. after that, try applying the Updates. if that doesn't work, then manually search for "KB922770 and KB917283" and install them manually.

btw, one of those security updates is only needed if you use ASP.NET

You can find those stand alone patches on this page along with many other software update for MS.

http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/index.html

mmm, 3rd party links

*giggles*

Mabe so but there MS updates along with many other program updates for various other software vendors and you can build your own update CD so you don't have to even bother with Microsoft to update windows plus you don't have to download 50 different languages of the same file just to get the one you need. Its a good one stop site for updating all your main programs.