XP User Accounts

alienfire

I'm sure you've heard this question before--I did a quick search though and could not find an answer.

How can I configure CCleaner to work in my XP limited user account? I have cleaned my admin. account

but also wish to clean the profile I use most of the time.

Thanks very much.

-alienfire

• Moderators

You can usually have junk files removed from temp folders, etc., however the removal of data from the registry is usually what's blocked and will produce an error dialog in most registry cleaners. The registry cleaning portion in CCleaner is in Issues.

I'm sure you've heard this question before--I did a quick search though and could not find an answer.

How can I configure CCleaner to work in my XP limited user account? I have cleaned my admin. account

but also wish to clean the profile I use most of the time.

Thanks very much.

-alienfire

My suggestion is similar in nature to alienfire's question. I know the FAQ addresses this but I wanted to comment anyway. The only function I wish ccleaner had is the ability to traverse and clean all user accounts. That would make it the perfect crap cleaner. I would be willing to pay for it. Maybe package it as a "Pro" version versus the free one. Either way, I'd donate or buy it. Thanks,

dfa

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same question and am going to try to install and run on my "limited" account CCleaner by R-Clicking the installer, then click "Run as..." and selecting admin option, which should install the program on that "limited" account, allowing that user to use (maybe).

I am no expert, but it seems to me that there is only one "Register", therefore I would assume cleaning the registry from the admin account cleans the whole register for all users. I only want to run from other accounts to be able to use the other easy to use functions. This seems to be the easiest way to list and stop programs and applications from running at start-up.

I have only just downloaded and installed this program and ran once, have not rebooted yet but have switched users twice and can see a noticable difference in time it takes to switch users and to get to an idle state from start-up.

To the creators,

Thank-you, I love you.

XPSP2