Case vibrating...

JAGO

I'm pretty sure this only occurs under load at higher temperatures, so I think it's a result of expansion of *something*.

Anyway, I have been having this problem with my side panel rattling as a result of some fan vibrating irregularly. I haven't cleaned it off with compressed air yet, but I'm going to try that first. I'm pretty sure it's my CPU fan that's causing the vibrations.

If my CPU fan is causing the vibrations, I think instead of replacing just the fan, I'll go 100% aftermarket (XP-90).

There's a question in here somewhere, I just don't know what.

IPB Image

If my CPU fan is causing the vibrations, I think instead of replacing just the fan, I'll go 100% aftermarket (XP-90).
I put the mp3 file thru a spectrum analyzer and looped it a few hundred times. That is not your PSU fan, less yours has two of them. The fan sounds like a variable speed. To me it sounds like it's spinning on to some cables.

Also noticed a hum. That's an indication that either something is not grounded properly or components aren't shield correctly.

When it happens, if I put pressure on the side panel, it stops, but that clip was taken with the side panel off. So it's not the side panel. It's not a cheap case either.

I'll pull it apart in a couple hours, see if there are any screws that need to be disciplined :(.

IPB Image

When it happens, if I put pressure on the side panel, it stops, but that clip was taken with the side panel off. So it's not the side panel. It's not a cheap case either.

I'll pull it apart in a couple hours, see if there are any screws that need to be disciplined :( .

Can you post so pics of your case?

What are you looking for? The problem was happening, however with my older case as well.
Maybe the layout of the case. But, you indicated it happened in your old case too. So that tells me that you xferred something over from the old case to the new one. Nice looking case btw.