I just found the best firewall ever! Kaspersky!

RonTheCon

I just found the best firewall ever! Kaspersky! Their main website is here.

http://www.kaspersky.com

kasperskyitselfsc0.jpg

Kaspersky Firewall is excellent! Norton, McAfee, ZoneAlarm, BlackIce take up sooo much space and ram on your computer and takes around 20 or 30 seconds to load (on my computer) but unlike kaspersky, it's not a resource hog nor slow at catching/blocking unwanted data.

My Task Manager:

taskmanagerbu9.jpg

Is your commit charge as low as mine? I'm running two programs in this picture other than the firewall. I'm running Spybot's TeaTimer.exe, uTorrent.exe (a BitTorrent program), and of course, Mozilla's Firefox.exe.

It's very easy to allow or block something in Kaspersky and when you try to open Kaspersky, it opens up as fast as if it were a text file on your desktop! Also, you can set a number of parameters that you can not with Norton.

None of the other firewalls have explicit means of blocking attacks such as the Ping Of Death or the ever so hated DDos and such.

Block Every Kind of Attack:

afewsettingsgx2.jpg

Packet Filtering Rules:

packetfilteringbd2.jpg

Application Rules:

applicationrulesis5.jpg

No more constant Command Prompt's Netstat to see who's logging into your computer! This shows real time established connections!

realtimeestablishedconnectionsef1.jpg

At the stores, it's $69.95. They might change it, so here is where their most current price is.

http://usa.kaspersky-labs.com/products/internet-security.php

You can get Kaspersky for only $30.00 if you buy System Mechanic Professional 6 at your local store. That's how I got it. And both those programs kick as-s!

I say it's worth the money, but naturally, you can form your own opinion. I just hope I helped somebody. :D

~Ron