Restore

danltb

Does CCleaner do anything with the restore function? I have noticed that since installing CCleaner and opting to have it run at start up, I do not have any restore points, except the one for the present day. I create restore points every week and they are not there. Am I missing something that CCleaner does to restore?

Thank You

Danlt

Does CCleaner do anything with the restore function? I have noticed that since installing CCleaner and opting to have it run at start up, I do not have any restore points, except the one for the present day. I create restore points every week and they are not there. Am I missing something that CCleaner does to restore?

Thank You

Danlt

CCleaner doesn't touch system restore points. Have you reduced the amount of disk space to use for system restore (in Start>Control Panel>System>System Restore), if you have made that too small it will only allow one or two restore points. Perhaps check there anyway and make sure it is set to at least 1000MB.

CCleaner doesn't touch system restore points. Have you reduced the amount of disk space to use for system restore (in Start>Control Panel>System>System Restore), if you have made that too small it will only allow one or two restore points. Perhaps check there anyway and make sure it is set to at least 1000MB.

Glad to hear CCleaner does not touch restore. My settings are at 1900megs, so that is plenty of space.

Thanks

Glad to hear CCleaner does not touch restore. My settings are at 1900megs, so that is plenty of space.

Thanks

Thats certainly enough room for restore points. Are you running low on hard drive space? Have you run virus and malware scans?

Also it may be worth turning off system restore, rebooting and turning system restore back on as this apparently sometimes fixes restore problems (you will lose all your current restore points by doing this but one will be created when you turn restore back on).

A quick Google also found that some anti-virus software deletes old restore points, though I think that's unlikely it may be worth checking

Just some suggestions :)

Thats certainly enough room for restore points. Are you running low on hard drive space? Have you run virus and malware scans?

Also it may be worth turning off system restore, rebooting and turning system restore back on as this apparently sometimes fixes restore problems (you will lose all your current restore points by doing this but one will be created when you turn restore back on).

A quick Google also found that some anti-virus software deletes old restore points, though I think that's unlikely it may be worth checking

Just some suggestions :)

Thanks

I have run all my spyware and antivirus programs and found nothing. I have tons of drive space.

I will try turning restore off then back on after booting. No biggie cuz I have NO restore points showing now except the current day. This worries me, as I always create a new one every week. Don't know why they are not there now. When I click back on the calendar nothing happens, which I suppose, tells me there are not points there.

I appreciate the input. I'll keep trying.

danltb

• Moderators

danltb.

Here is a couple of other things you could look at.

You could look in the event viewer on your computer under system and look for any sr or srservice errors and right-click on the source to see if there is any clue there.

I read that Real Player 1 sometimes deletes restore points, although I don't know how true this is.

Also have you any file shredder apps like Eraser.exe. If these are set to erase all empty space they will keep writing until they fill the drive at which point windows says it is short of disc space and deletes the "non-essential" restore points.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

danltb.

Here is a couple of other things you could look at.

You could look in the event viewer on your computer under system and look for any sr or srservice errors and right-click on the source to see if there is any clue there.

I read that Real Player 1 sometimes deletes restore points, although I don't know how true this is.

Also have you any file shredder apps like Eraser.exe. If these are set to erase all empty space they will keep writing until they fill the drive at which point windows says it is short of disc space and deletes the "non-essential" restore points.

Great information! Thanks for your efforts to help me. I"m learning new things whether they fix my problem or not. I'll let you know.

Thanks again.

Dan