Customized firefox browser how to?

molitar

Well I am using a customized firefox build called lolifox. It's been designed for anime fans and I quit using firefox altogether but how can I make a working winapp2.ini for this? I posted under a different topic but it seems ONLY 1 person looked at the thread.. Guess my topic title wasn't informative enough. So a repaste of what I posted before.

Ok I read the winapp2.ini tutorial but I really don't think it applies for what I need. So how would I design this application since the application for firefox isn't designed like the rest? It is a modified firefox so most settings are the same as firefox except for the paths are a bit different.

Paths:

C:\Program Files\lolifox

C:\Documents and Settings\malaac\Application Data\altimit-dev\lolifox\Profiles\bhh986pj.default

Registry paths

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Desktop]

"SOFTWARE\\Classes\\MIME\\Database\\Content Type\\application/x-xpinstall;app=firefox"=".xpi"

"SOFTWARE\\Classes\\.htm"="htmlfile"

"SOFTWARE\\Classes\\.html"="htmlfile"

"SOFTWARE\\Classes\\.shtml"="shtmlfile"

"SOFTWARE\\Classes\\HTTP\\DefaultIcon"="%SystemRoot%\\system32\\url.dll,0"

"SOFTWARE\\Classes\\HTTP\\shell\\open\\command"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\iexplore.exe\" -nohome"

"SOFTWARE\\Classes\\HTTPS\\DefaultIcon"="%SystemRoot%\\system32\\url.dll,0"

"SOFTWARE\\Classes\\HTTPS\\shell\\open\\command"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\iexplore.exe\" -nohome"

"SOFTWARE\\Classes\\FTP\\DefaultIcon"="%SystemRoot%\\system32\\url.dll,0"

"SOFTWARE\\Classes\\FTP\\shell\\open\\command"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\iexplore.exe\" %1"

"SOFTWARE\\Classes\\GOPHER\\DefaultIcon"="%SystemRoot%\\system32\\url.dll,0"

"SOFTWARE\\Classes\\GOPHER\\shell\\open\\command"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\iexplore.exe\" -nohome"

"SOFTWARE\\Clients\\StartMenuInternet\\LOLIFOX.EXE\\DefaultIcon"="\"C:\\Program Files\\lolifox\\lolifox.exe\",0"

"SOFTWARE\\Clients\\StartMenuInternet\\LOLIFOX.EXE\\shell\\open\\command"="C:\\Program Files\\lolifox\\lolifox.exe"

"SOFTWARE\\Clients\\StartMenuInternet\\LOLIFOX.EXE\\shell\\properties\\command"="C:\\Program Files\\lolifox\\lolifox.exe -preferences"

"SOFTWARE\\Clients\\StartMenuInternet\\"="IEXPLORE.EXE"

"SOFTWARE\\Clients\\StartMenuInternet\\LOLIFOX.EXE\\"="lolifox"

"SOFTWARE\\Clients\\StartMenuInternet\\LOLIFOX.EXE\\shell\\properties"="lolifox &Options"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\lolifox]

@="1.8.1"

"CurrentVersion"="0.2.5.dev-r27 (en-US)"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\lolifox\0.2.5.dev-r27 (en-US)]

@="0.2.5.dev-r27 (en-US)"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\lolifox\0.2.5.dev-r27 (en-US)\Main]

"Install Directory"="C:\\Program Files\\lolifox"

"PathToExe"="C:\\Program Files\\lolifox\\lolifox.exe"

"Program Folder Path"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Start Menu\\Programs\\"

"Create Quick Launch Shortcut"=dword:00000001

"Create Desktop Shortcut"=dword:00000001

"Create Start Menu Shortcut"=dword:00000001

"Start Menu Folder"="lolifox"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\lolifox\0.2.5.dev-r27 (en-US)\Uninstall]

"Uninstall Log Folder"="C:\\Program Files\\lolifox\\uninstall"

"Description"="lolifox (0.2.5.dev-r27)"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\lolifox 0.2.5.dev-r27]

"GeckoVer"="1.8.1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\lolifox 0.2.5.dev-r27\bin]

"PathToExe"="C:\\Program Files\\lolifox\\lolifox.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\lolifox 0.2.5.dev-r27\extensions]

"Components"="C:\\Program Files\\lolifox\\components"

"Plugins"="C:\\Program Files\\lolifox\\plugins"

I don't want CCleaner deleting my exceptions cookies for lolifox. And even trying to manually just delete the cache even failed in my attempts.. code below that I tried. Seems CCleaner will not work if the path has a period in the path also.

; Application Cleaning file
;
; Notes
; ---------------------------------------
; LangSecRef
;  3021 = Applications
;  3022 = Internet
;  3023 = Multimedia
;  3024 = Utilities
;  3025 = Windows

[lolifox]
LangSecRef=3022
;Detect=%ProgramFiles%\lolifox\lolifox.exe
Default=True
FileKey1=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\altimit-dev\lolifox\Profiles\bhh986pj.default\Cache\*.*

It reports a subscription out of range error so I can't even get CCleaner to clean the cache directory manually.

• Moderators

[lolifox]

LangSecRef=3022

DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\lolifox\lolifox.exe

Default=True

FileKey1=%appdata%\altimit-dev\lolifox\Profiles\bhh986pj.default\Cache|*.*

FileKey2=%appdata%\altimit-dev\lolifox\Profiles\bhh986pj.default|history.dat

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

Ahh I see what I was doing wrong the last is a pipe for the filename.

Thanks will try that.. btw I see your correct it was view 97 times. Reason I just stopped using IE and went to lolifox. Stupid IE doesn't even refresh the pages properly and it was still only showing like 3 views or so even after a refresh.

BTW if I was to do the same with the cookies.txt would that delete the entire file? Afraid it won't keep my cookies that are in the exception list box.

if I was to do the same with the cookies.txt would that delete the entire file?

Since it took all of us here some time to get the gist of what you are really want - as far as I know, CCleaner doesn?t make any differences between the Cookies you want to keep and the Cookies you have cleared for deletion - it just deletes your Cookies if you want so.

There probably was a reason why Twisted Metal has left out the "Cookie-Section" in his path-advice for you.

I have heard somewhere, that there is a function within FF or your Loli-Fox to export wanted Cookies and store them separately - just make sure it is a sealed box - otherwise the cat might get them :)

Oliver

Since it took all of us here some time to get the gist of what you are really want - as far as I know, CCleaner doesn?t make any differences between the Cookies you want to keep and the Cookies you have cleared for deletion - it just deletes your Cookies if you want so.

There probably was a reason why Twisted Metal has left out the "Cookie-Section" in his path-advice for you.

I have heard somewhere, that there is a function within FF or your Loli-Fox to export wanted Cookies and store them separately - just make sure it is a sealed box - otherwise the cat might get them :)

Oliver

That was what I was afraid of. CCleaner does for IE, Firefox, and Mozilla but he seems to have developed some special method for cleaning the files for these browsers. I have quite the list of cookies to keep in CCleaner but seems that method won't work for other browsers at all. Wish their was a method to use the procedures for firefox in lolifox but looking at the winapp.ini it has special_det feature so that wouldn't work for other browsers.