Hide "Registry Cleaner" under tools

I found an old thread where the admins were telling that the registry cleaner is an advanced tool that shouldn't be used without knowing what one is doing. It was proposed to move it under the "Tools" section, to not have it as a big, tempting button in the main view - I myself have also used it for ages because of that. One of the devs said that it's likely to happen in a future update. However, fast forward almost 5 years and it's still there.

From my UX Designer viewpoint the reasoning and logic behind this makes sense: if a feature is very visible and easy to use, people will think that they're "supposed to" or "can" use it , if they don't know any better. Especially with a cleaner software such as this, people will use it for potential benefits, but apparently on newer Windows it does the opposite in most cases.

• Moderators

As you note we mods have been pushing for that change for a number of years now (more like 10 than 5) and despite the promises it has still not happened yet.

TBH it shouldn't be that difficult to change the UI, they are doing that all the time and had no problem adding new buttons for the Performance Optimiser and Driver Updater.
I guess it's just a question of priorities, and someone telling the devs to 'move the reg cleaner now'.
Maybe they'll finally move it when they run out of room for new buttons there? 🤣

(PS. If the post is the one that I'm thinking of then the Admin who posted that promise publicly, Dave CCleaner, no longer even works for Piriform).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043