RECUVA. .ODS FILES AND ANOTHER QUESTION

Yeah Guys (and Women). I just used Recuva and it worked great. I just don't where to place the .ods files.  All the years of using computers, (I'm 77) I never even gave any thought to the .ods extensions. Actually, I don't even remember seeing them at all.

I would greatly appreciate your advise. I've been sitting here 6 hours, yeah my ass will testify to that, and am just  not able to figure it out.

Thank you so much,

Joe Mangino Jr.

• Moderators

".ods" is a spreadsheet format, - OpenDocument Spreadsheet.

They are created and opened in MS Excel or an alternative spreadsheet editor.

If you double-click on one it should open in whatever spreadsheet application you have installed on your computer.

You will see an increasing number of OpenDocument file formats, it's an international stardard (ISO 26300).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDocument

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Hi, I'm back again.  Yesterday I asked what, if anything,I should do about the green ods. files. You said what they do, but do I have to do anything at all with them or just do nothing?

Now another question. Up till last night there was a lot of good data to recover. We had a power outage though and so my computer went down. I had no data on the recuva  recover page. I just started the program again, and I can see some  of yesterday's, April 9th data, but not anything that was of extreme importance to me. I don't see the important program data that was lost yesterday, but was ready for recover last night. After the power came back on, I didn't even start the computer, I just went to bed. I had a very long day yesterday and thought that all I would have to do was to do the recover in the morning.

This morning the recuva screen was blank. I just started it again and there are files, but I can't read them. They're not actual names. Will today's scan bring back the important files that were there, well almost all were there yesterday?

I sure would appreciate it if I was told what to do or not to do with those .ods files. I'm guessing they should be left alone.

I read the reply this morning from the person that was good enough to lend their thoughts to my problem. I forget who you are, but thank you so much for taking the time to try to help me.

Thank you everybody,

Joe Mangino Jr.

• Moderators

Ive merged your 2 threads into one seeing as they are about the same recovery.

I'm not sure what you mean about what to do with the spreadsheet files?
If you want them then try and recover them, if you have already recovered them then you should do what you were doing with them before.
You could open them after recovery to see what they are and then decide.

If Recuva was stopped for any reason then you have to do a new scan.
(That's why you should make sure that you have turned off any 'sleep' or 'hibernate' settings before starting a recovery).
A power outage is a bit more extreme than that, but the effect for the scan is the same.

Once Recuva has been stopped then it cannot be sure that what it had scanned before hasn't changed, so a new scan is needed before you can try to actually recover.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043