Popup window for Import Bookmarks not scaled correctly

Hello!  I want to import my bookmarks for Cookie Allowlist but the window that pops up is too small and I have to End Task in task manager because the window that comes up is application modal and I can't close it.  Thank you.

image.png.00f19310fbdd17515e6b6b71eeb871b0.png

• Moderators

It's because that pop-up window is a fixed size, so if you have your screen resolution/magnification set to higher than 100% the contents get bigger than the window and don't fit.

The solution for now is to put your resolution/magnification back to 100% while using that feature.
image.png
Setting/changing the Cookie Allowlist not something that you'd do very often, so while having to change the resolution/magnification back to standard 100% to do it is not ideal it isn't horrendous.

I believe that it's on the list to be looked at/fixed.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

On 09/04/2024 at 01:27, nukecad said:

It's because that pop-up window is a fixed size, so if you have your screen resolution/magnification set to higher than 100% the contents get bigger than the window and don't fit.

The solution for now is to put your resolution/magnification back to 100% while using that feature.
image.png
Setting/changing the Cookie Allowlist not something that you'd do very often, so while having to change the resolution/magnification back to standard 100% to do it is not ideal it isn't horrendous.

I believe that it's on the list to be looked at/fixed.

I have no scaling settings, 1080p monitor, nothing fancy.  If it's a fixed size then why is it different on my screenshoot?  I'm familiar with scaling, the text size would be different in our screenshots if it was scaling.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Erik1616 said:

I have no scaling settings, 1080p monitor, nothing fancy.  If it's a fixed size then why is it different on my screenshoot?  I'm familiar with scaling, the text size would be different in our screenshots if it was scaling.

But what do you have your resolution set at?

And no, depending on how you have set things the text can look the same size on your screen - but it is actually bigger.
It's a combination of screen resolution, scaling, and magnification - all 3 working in combination to give different appearances.

In some cases they are not in balance and what looks on screen like normal sized text doesn't fit into it's unscalable box/window, it runs outside the window just like in your screenshot.
That can happens when boxes and window sizes are specified in pixels to suit particualr resolutions.
If you then increase the display resolution there are more pixels per inch displayed, and so the box/window then looks smaller on screen.
(Most programme writers have made the mistake of having scalable content in a fixed pixel size box/window at some time, I know I have when I used to write code myself).

Compare the size of the white window in your screenshot and the one in mine, your is much smaller compared to the main CCleaner UI behind it*.
That is because that windows size is a fixed number of pixels, and you have your screen resolution set to display more pixels per inch than I have mine set.
Both white windows, mine and yours, are actually the same number of pixels high and wide, but your display is showing more pixels per inch so that fixed number of pixels take up less inches on your screen.
*(The main CCleaner UI is not specified as a fixed number of pixels, so it can change size with different screen resolutions).

Everybody seeing this issue who posts a screenshot has normal looking text that does not fit the window, just like yours above.
Putting their scaling and resolution back back to "(Recommended)" has cured it for them.
image.png

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043